Underhood Storage Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That's a very good deal, these are getting harder to find! Especially if the lid has good hinge tabs on it, those are the first things that break.
My crew cab has one already,and I have one for my Burb. Apparently in '97 the crew cabs got these standard, according to the GM salesman's order guide available for free download from GM Heritage website.

AK 99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got a good deal on it (well sort of, maybe I guess... it actually cost me a lot of indirect spending, lol) and I don't think I'll use it. Figured I would just pass it along.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Do you have the hardware it attaches with?

The boxes sure are handy. I use mine for keeping a rag or paper towel for checking oil. I didn't have anything there, and had always wanted a second battery, but after installing the storage box, I have no desire to remove it in favor of the battery.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Possibly, but I don't know what I'd be looking for. I didn't remove the box myself.
There's a washered nut that goes on the bottom stud, and a bolt that goes in the hole where it bolts up to the inside of the fender.

AK 99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's a washered nut that goes on the bottom stud, and a bolt that goes in the hole where it bolts up to the inside of the fender.

Ah, so basic GM style hardware. Yeah, I have all that. I assume the bolt that goes into the fender is an M8×1.25 thread with a free spinning washer and a 13mm head?

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Ah, so basic GM style hardware. Yeah, I have all that. I assume the bolt that goes into the fender is an M8×1.25 thread with a free spinning washer and a 13mm head?
I think so. I'd have to look at my box for the Burb, but that sounds right.