Under hood light.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got 91 gmc. What’s that light on left hand side fender under hood. It also has some crank on it??? What is all that ?
It’s a very smart invention which of course means they stopped offering it. It’s a light on a reel that can be unwound and wound back up like a fishing rod reel and reaches all the way around your truck if you get a flat.
I take them off trucks whenever I see them and retrofit them on my other vehicles. I keep a few extra bulbs in the glovebox.

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never used it, LED flashlites are much better. I took the bulb out of the underhood lite that comes on when you open the hood, as I didn't want it on when I was working under the hood, sometimes I leave it open half the day.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Never used it, LED flashlites are much better. I took the bulb out of the underhood lite that comes on when you open the hood, as I didn't want it on when I was working under the hood, sometimes I leave it open half the day.
Don't have to remove the bulb to prevent it from working.
Just bend the housing down a bit till it goes out.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Don't have to remove the bulb to prevent it from working.
Just bend the housing down a bit till it goes out.
I see you have a PB pic as do I,just curious if you pay to use their site.When they started charging to host our media I quit,I refused to pay for a service what was once free.Am I wrong?
I

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Photobucket. Grrr...
Miserable dirty rotten rat ********.
They're holding s-o-o-o many of my pix hostage.
Like...over 5,000 of them!!!
All deposited before they went & got greedy.
A lot of my pix on here in older threads have just disappeared.
I've been trying to retrieve them but it's a slow process as I can only get 10 at a time. ...and then, only random pix. Completely out of order.
Those end up in a zip folder. A process that I didn't set up. It's just where they end up on my computer when removed.
Have to re-organize into the proper files from there.
It's a long frustrating process that I can only work for limited periods.
On top of all this, everytime I remove a pic, if it was pasted somewhere, anywhere on the WWWeb, it disappears from the thread.
My "Why I don't have a build thread, thread." is eventually going to be devoid of all pix.
I refuse to give them one red cent after all this B.S.

Be nice if I could get someone a bit more computer literate to whip up a new sig. Been meaning to get it changed it for a while, now.

Yea...Photo-F'n-bucket.
Works great, they said. It's free! Recommended by 9 out of 10 forums. You'll love it!
My rant for the day! Lol!

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Man I agree with you 200%,I tried to retrieve pics too.....got a few but came out bad.I tried other sites but didn't like 'em.Yeah,they're a **** site.I tried to change my sig pic as well,can't figure how to do it.