Under hood lamp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I would check LMC Truck. They might have something.

Last edited:

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
i unpluged mine since i never need it! but my truck also has the retractable light thing on the side i can pull out and just turn the switch to on and use if i ever need it. i love that light! if you dont have one id say try and snag one of those its a great little light to have and easy to wire up! the cord is long enough to take from passenger front all the way back to the drivers rear wheel at least. i had to use it once to change a tire at night. its not BRIGHT at all.LOL but its a hell of alot better than nothing!
but if you cannt get yours working right on the hood. just go to any junkyard they got plenty!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I love the retractable lights. Both my trucks got 'em! Bought them from a forum member.

addiction2bass...I've known guys with BIG systems & they took the underhood lights out, cause the stereo would make 'em flicker!

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
LOL well i never notice that. maybe if i had a cowl hood i could see it but not with stock hood! ive had afew loud systems but all with stock hoods. i just unpluged mine because when i work under the hood i was tired of seeing that light on and it did nothing but use power with very little light. hell id leave my hood open over night out in the shop while working on something so just no chances for me... unplug simple fix ;)

retractable lights rule! hardest thing to find in junkyard is a good one with the lense and the rubber catch that holds the light fully retracted. and if you look for one also look at vans! they have the same ones BUT with a extra bracket to mount them on the vans radiator support..... those work GREAT if you wanna add somemore of these to your truck! i had one inside the bed of my truck but i have yet to slap it back in since i did some work back there. i really gotta put that sucker back in there. it helps out seeing inside the bed at night! only thing i would like to upgrade is the bulb to the biggest brightest led bulb for it ;) which i think i want to slap one of these in there. its super bright and nice wide pattern. just not sure if i can still keep factory clear cap or not with it. have yet to try just yet.
http://www.oznium.com/high-intensity-led-floodlight