ULTIMATE TBI mods stage 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Parts ordered! I should have spacers by tuesday or wednesday... will get the TBI kit this weekend also. I just did the plugs on my truck, was going to do the cap and rotor when I do the TBI mod. Wires are in great shape, so I won't be replacing those.

I'm hoping to get some power out of this! Need all the help I can get with the 3.73s and 33" grabbers...

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
She's a bit of a dog off the line... but this could very well be a very dirty TB. I don't know what the previous owner did and when. The plugs were beat up...
You must be registered for see images attach

I imagine the TB was probably never cleaned... if it was, it might have been done some time ago.

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

FedEx just dropped off the first part! Now to start grinding it out to look like the CFM Tech one

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you need to bump it up a lil just throw a quarter under the spring and it should run mint if you need more after the mods and the tb spacer

Where do you throw the quarter? I'm getting ready to do mine and I want to make sure I got all the right info.

Borrowing PMA4x4's image from another forum...

You must be registered for see images

Using this pic, under the spring or above?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did this to mine back a year or two ago, shaved down the housing and such, spaced up the injector pod, but no spacer under the tb unit and rebuilt it while I was doing the mods, now I'm gonna end up selling it because I'm switching to carb setup in the next few months. I had a huge hard time with my pressure reg. spring and new diaphragm without a quarter in it so good luck. Mine would not seat straight and let the flap around the diaphragm lay down flat.

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ultimate TBI mod and spacer install complete! Haven't had a chance to drive it yet, will do so tomorrow. I also replaced the cap and rotor. The posts on the cap looked like the sparks I posted earlier. She should be breathing and firing much better now!

I did have a VERY hard time getting the TBI assembly back in place with the fuel lines... They were VERY tight...

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ultimate TBI mod and spacer install complete! Haven't had a chance to drive it yet, will do so tomorrow. I also replaced the cap and rotor. The posts on the cap looked like the sparks I posted earlier. She should be breathing and firing much better now!

I did have a VERY hard time getting the TBI assembly back in place with the fuel lines... They were VERY tight...

You get the fuel line extensions?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk