ULTIMATE TBI mods stage 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

So for $50 plus a little time and elbow grease, my truck can breathe better, and perhaps, have a little more UMPH?

id grab a tb spacer as well and a few cutoff wheels to make it like the cfm tech one. just get a standard style no swirl bore or any of that.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

So for $50 plus a little time and elbow grease, my truck can breathe better, and perhaps, have a little more UMPH?

I got my stuff from them too got great prices and products, yup thats it, you will be surprised how dirty your TBI is I got a slight mpg gain

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cruise control isnt going to deplete performance, also cutting brackets isnt necessary in most instances unless you decide to relocate them or your fuel lines are hitting.

escahoes looks better but same idea

X2 only need to mod those brackets if you delete that spacer between the TBI and air intake

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet! Seeing as how the truck has almost 200k on it... I'll go with just the rebuild and pod spacer.... But i have to finish repairing the Trailblazer before I really do anything else to the GMC... Thanks all!!!

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet! Seeing as how the truck has almost 200k on it... I'll go with just the rebuild and pod spacer.... But i have to finish repairing the Trailblazer before I really do anything else to the GMC... Thanks all!!!

Do you have a build thread man? Im considering doing the same thing would really like to see ya gettin her done!

Sent from the Z71

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
id grab a tb spacer as well and a few cutoff wheels to make it like the cfm tech one. just get a standard style no swirl bore or any of that.

You mean get this:

And make it look like this:

I found the TBI rebuild kit in Advance Auto for less... it looks like it comes with 2 gaskets for the Throttle Body, 1 with both bores separated, 1 combined... would I need another gasket since this is adding a component to the mix?

Autozone kit:
You must be registered for see images

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found a thread on gmc4x4 that shows placement of the spacers and gaskets. I'm good! I'll likely be ordering these parts this weekend.