ULTIMATE TBI mods stage 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
I was checking out this, http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301416 thread. Anyone else have any tranny troubles?
Trying to gather some info before I do this.

That is the thread that really inspired me too LoL! I have half of that stuff already, lucky for me though RV Morse is a few blocks from my office so I will be going down there soon and getting the injectors, afpr, and gauge. Might also get the bored tbi and have him bore or swap my cfm plate for a bored one.

What kind of tranny problems are you wondering about?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
that guy had a 700r4 moving the throttle bracket up to far will adjust the tv cable in a way that it will function differently and perhaps harm the trans. i encountered the same issue with my 4l60e with the throttle linkage so i took my spacer off as i had the tbi performer intake witch actually has a built in spacer more or less. all you have to do if you have a 700r4 is swap the two mounting points in the intake for the throttle cable bracket to a longer stud and use a nut or some washers to spacer the brakcet and move it upwards to retain the factory linkage lengths. if you dont have a 700r4 and are just using a spacer on a stock intake then dont worry about it.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
that guy had a 700r4 moving the throttle bracket up to far will adjust the tv cable in a way that it will function differently and perhaps harm the trans. i encountered the same issue with my 4l60e with the throttle linkage so i took my spacer off as i had the tbi performer intake witch actually has a built in spacer more or less. all you have to do if you have a 700r4 is swap the two mounting points in the intake for the throttle cable bracket to a longer stud and use a nut or some washers to spacer the brakcet and move it upwards to retain the factory linkage lengths. if you dont have a 700r4 and are just using a spacer on a stock intake then dont worry about it.

Oh cool thanks.

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will a bored TBI work well with a stock motor? Or is it better for one that is modded a little?

Sent from the Z71

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Will a bored TBI work well with a stock motor? Or is it better for one that is modded a little?

Sent from the Z71

stock on stock is fine. bored might help but i wouldnt buy one already bored. do it yourself imho it wasnt worth it enough to pay for it to be bored but thats just me.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
stock on stock is fine. bored might help but i wouldnt buy one already bored. do it yourself imho it wasnt worth it enough to pay for it to be bored but thats just me.

Yeah that's what I was also thinking. Since they sell it already bored I will just get one. Plus then it already has all the mods done to it. Just need to put it in with the injectors and see how it goes LoL!

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
idk if cfmtech is anybetter than RV but its an option. seems like a waste of money to me but ive also exceeded what most people will on their tbis and then downsized after. if i were to do it over id go carb if i was lazy or tried to set it up for tpi or a different injecton system

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
idk if cfmtech is anybetter than RV but its an option. seems like a waste of money to me but ive also exceeded what most people will on their tbis and then downsized after. if i were to do it over id go carb if i was lazy or tried to set it up for tpi or a different injecton system

RV Morse is actually selling the cfm tech products. A little less than they are even LoL! He also has an in house injector cleaning and whatnot machine now so they can do those for less too.