ULTIMATE TBI mods stage 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks fellers! Is this something easily messed up? I REALLY don't wanna screw up my TBI. I'd be pissed at myself.

Oh and are Spacers worth doing? Sorry, I'm fairly new at all this mechanical stuff. I can do some basic things, never really done anything like this before though.

No problem, rebuilding, cleaning and modding the TBI was pretty easy imo, I mean I guess someone could screw it up if they tried, there are videos on YouTube too, on mine I just did the mods, cleaned it up added a 1/4 pod spacer and flow matched injectors and called it a day, the TBI spacer gives you a lil gain too, all about what your trying to do with your truck

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No problem, rebuilding, cleaning and modding the TBI was pretty easy imo, I mean I guess someone could screw it up if they tried, there are videos on YouTube too, on mine I just did the mods, cleaned it up added a 1/4 pod spacer and flow matched injectors and called it a day, the TBI spacer gives you a lil gain too, all about what your trying to do with your truck

Right now I'm just trying to make sure the motor is still worth it to put money in. Got my 95 5.7 for 2500$. About 185,000 miles. Got 1.5-2 grand at the moment, maybe more if I needed it. If everything is good to go, I'm going to finish my tune ups(started that today.)
Already have an aftermarket exhaust from the guy who had the truck before me. He doesn't remember what he got put on it though, go figure. It's getting pretty rusty, I might replace it. Not sure. :think:

It's my daily driver, and I'm usually around town. So I've thought about it for awhile, but I really think I'd like to have some more power on the lower end. I usually only get 55-60ish on the main highway or the interstate, and I'm fine with the power I get there. I wouldn't mind it being a little stronger on the top-end. But no big deal.
So basically, I want some lower range torque/HP while retaining my gas mileage. Not sure on how much I'm really looking for though. Guess that's why I'm here!

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i felt a difference in throttle response with my spacers, then i started replacing intakes heads and all that and everything changed.

as for doing the tbi mods, its super easy a dremel too or cutoff wheel make it super simple. and then i took a sander at mine to try to polish it. then when i started going bigger rebuilt the whole thing, bored out the bowls and raised my fuel pressure which on a stock truck isnt needed.

gas mileage got a bit better due to better breathing from the spacers and tbi mods, its not like doing this is gonna make your truck a racecar but the overall driveability improved from what i fealt and saw with my mpg numbers.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right now I'm just trying to make sure the motor is still worth it to put money in. Got my 95 5.7 for 2500$. About 185,000 miles. Got 1.5-2 grand at the moment, maybe more if I needed it. If everything is good to go, I'm going to finish my tune ups(started that today.)
Already have an aftermarket exhaust from the guy who had the truck before me. He doesn't remember what he got put on it though, go figure. It's getting pretty rusty, I might replace it. Not sure. :think:

It's my daily driver, and I'm usually around town. So I've thought about it for awhile, but I really think I'd like to have some more power on the lower end. I usually only get 55-60ish on the main highway or the interstate, and I'm fine with the power I get there. I wouldn't mind it being a little stronger on the top-end. But no big deal.
So basically, I want some lower range torque/HP while retaining my gas mileage. Not sure on how much I'm really looking for though. Guess that's why I'm here!

I got a slight mpg gain, and if the frame and body are good and it runs fine put money into it, I am at 255k now

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys, really appreciate it. I got a K&N Air Filter yesterday and swapped it out. Figured it'd be worth it since it's washable, I can just reuse it.
There's some rust on the body, and a little on the frame but it's definitely not bad. I don't think I have the money to fix my rust right now, so I figure I'll just go with the mechanical side of things at the moment.

What would be good to clean the TBI with? I think I'm gonna try it this week, after I change my oil and spark plugs.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Use carb cleaner might say carb/choke cleaner, might need some q-tips to clean the inside along with an old tooth brush and rag

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Use carb cleaner might say carb/choke cleaner, might need some q-tips to clean the inside along with an old tooth brush and rag

Good lookin' out! Thanks brotha, appreciate it! All the other Chevy forums I get on no one answers my questions!

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
You can also use that carb dip bucket stuff. I have seen it at Walmart for like $18. Where as at the part stores it's $30+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can also use that carb dip bucket stuff. I have seen it at Walmart for like $18. Where as at the part stores it's $30+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks man! Gotta take the old lady and our son to the store later anyways, I'll check it out!
Off-Topic, but I bought a Stanley Jumpit last night for emergencies and such, well spent 45 dollars. Waiting on it to charge, damn 24 hour discharging.