Two weird questions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zs_Silverado

Reaction score
I'll keep it short and sweet.

1. When I turn my key to the "On" position, there's a constant ticking for about 30 seconds underneath the dash on the passenger side. When I turn the key off, same thing for 30 seconds. I don't THINK it's the blower motor because I've unplugged it and it's still doing it, so what could it be?

2. I can smell a strong scent of gasoline after driving for about half an hour, but I'm not leaking gas anywhere that I'm aware of. Checked my Check Engine Light and it's giving me OBD Code 32. Any ideas?

1993 Silverado 5.7 TBI Vin K

Thanks for your help!

burnhedge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The ticking the recirculate door actuator. Pretty common.
No clue about the gas smell

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Zs_Silverado

Reaction score
Thanks! That's the second time I've heard that tonight, so looks like I have a culprit.
I was told my EGR going bad could cause a bad exhaust/gasoline smell, so I'll see if I can snatch one off a friend of mine.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
EGR won't cause a gas smell. Check to see if your vapor line is broken someplace. Mine had rubbed through on the bracket and would give me a faint gas smell every now and then.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
The vapor lines run from the canister under the hood on the driver's side, along the frame and to the top of the fuel pump housing.

Zs_Silverado

Reaction score
I'm assuming we're talking about this canister and the line feeding off of it.

You must be registered for see images attach

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
you are correct.

code 32 is for the egr

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
That'd be my guess 2. I deleted mine in my 95