Turbo charging a tbi 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I looked around but did not find any thing I'm wondering about tuning a 95 tbi to run a turbo I found a 88mm turbo online and im thinking of putting it on I would set the waste gate at 5 psi because the only reason I want to put it on is for the sound and it would increase my hp. But I'm wondering what I would have to do with fuel dilevey and a tune.
Thanks

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
It is not a blow through carb, and from what I have seen can not be converted to such. The TBI can be modded, but a roots style charger where the TBI is on top would work with a well modified one, but for a centrifugal style or a turbo where it introduces pressure before it no.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I believe the computer would lose it's tiny little mind if you turboed it. the whole thing can be enclosed so the seals wouldn't need to be fooled with. You may need a stand alone computer that understands boost.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought about it too. Some things come to mind -

The stock TBI fuel pump probably won't be sufficient, an EP381 from a 96 Vortec system could.

It'll need a 2BAR MAP sensor to effectively control SA and VE. The EBL Flash-II is set up to control boost and the bottle but, it'll need a separate Trans controller in your case, unless you go with a manual trans.

Otherwise your 7427 PCM will need tuning, maybe with a Moates Emulator or converting to a flash chip like the SST 27SF512 and using TunerPro RT software. Either ECM option can work, they are both running at 8192 Baud rate so, they're fast enough.

IMO, the TBI can be used for blow through injection since the fuel regulator is pressurized and you can jack it up to counteract the pressure from boost but, A VRFPR would help with that. YMMV

Reaction score
ok i was thinking i could have it tuned to run a turbo but did not know thank you although i would not feel comfortable burning a chip do you know any company that you can send a stock chip out and tell them what you have and them burn it. also what would be the limit for boost that the tbi could take

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Even If you could pull this off, the time and money would be far better spent swapping to LS.
I would agree, but sometimes unique is also something fun. If your expecting a lot more power I would LS swap or put a 350 vortec and boost it or a HT383 or or or