Tunerpro log - rough cold start 1995 7.4L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
They're somewhat interchangeable (I looked at the $OD too), like I said the $OE I have is a newer version but, it shouldn't make a difference. Here's the link to everything 7427. @EagleMark, RIP, has the $OD in this. He also has a bunch of .bins, Dave w built a spreadsheet for tuning too.

I read somewhere, possibly one of the gearhead-efi threads, that the $0D vs $0E had to do with the trans 60e vs 80e. Never saw anything I took as concrete.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere, possibly one of the gearhead-efi threads, that the $0D vs $0E had to do with the trans 60e vs 80e. Never saw anything I took as concrete.
Yeah, probably. I never messed with the trans side of the calibration.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Check your vacuum hose for the MAP sensor and check to see if there may be fuel in the hose and MAP.
I just took a look at the MAP vacuum line from the sensor to the tee. Appeared dry. Map sensor is mounted higher than the vacuum port, on flat ground anyway.

@PlayingWithTBI code 42 was on where I rechecked base timing a few weeks ago and never pulled battery to clear codes. Did so today before taking it to town and SES light is back on. Will be checking it in the morning when the sun is back up.

Will also be throwing a new acdelco egr valve at it tomorrow

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
New egr valve installed. Acdelco via rockauto. No idea where it was made but the box had a 1995 copyright date on it. Maybe NOS?
You must be registered for see images attach

Reset codes for a fresh start on that and fired it off. Smooth start this time but logging it anyway. Will be taking it for a test ride down the mountain and back later after getting work done at the in-laws.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Datalog file attached from startup and the short drive to my in-law's house today after installing the new linear egr valve. Didn't get a chance to take it down the mountain as I spent longer than expected playing tree service and had plans at a neighbor's house.

Anyhow, to my assessment, timing and MAP still seem erratic. I'm going to be getting stuff to hook up my fuel pressure gauge once I figure out the fittings necessary to do so, and have the cash to purchase them.
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• Feb10cold.new.egr.xdl.txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Looks to me you have a problem with the O2 sensor.Your engine doesn't go into Closed Loop until the 24 minute mark because the O2 sensor doesn't start acting like it should until then.If you jump to the 24 minute mark and select O2 sensor,vehicle speed and engine speed you'll see it all wakes up.Anyway that's what I see.Looking at a couple of my data logs mine is much different.