Trimming off rear rocker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
To me, the functionality of the bumper is there. Its strong and would survive a decent hit. But, it doesnt fit a stock truck. To me, it needs to be on a truck with a 3" body lift. With a 3 inch body lift, it would line the sides up with the rear rocker. I feel similar to the other memebers in the thread. The operation must be done correctly to look right, but will not go as far to say that you could no accomplish it. With time and effort, you could make it look great. Since your rear rockers are in good shape, i say keep them the way they are. If them hanging down lower than your bumper annoys you, get a different bumper. That is the easiest fix, and would go longer in the long run.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
it's your truck man keep it if you want I personally don't like it but not everyone likes what I'm doing with my own truck. it's all just opinions, if you like the bumper cool but like I said as far as your question about trimming I wouldn't do it, also not to be mean but like I said if you were to trim it would be something that would have to be done correctly and almost perfectly to look right. but let's be honest your painting hasn't turned out very good because you skip very important prep steps and don't follow through correctly. so before you go hacking your truck up you may want to think it through. but no hard feelings just my two cents :cheers:

Sent from my static android

I dont know how painting has anything to do with trimming off a rear rocker.. :think:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I dont know how painting has anything to do with trimming off a rear rocker.. :think:

What he was saying went right over your head. It shows a lack of maturity.

What he is saying is that your workmanship is half par. In your paint work you had bad habits of skipping steps, cutting corners, and not caring. Those are bad habits, and something you need to work on.

It's all ethics. If you do that kind of thing in one part of your life, you'll do it in other parts of your life.

-Via Mobile-

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
I am so sick of everyone giving me hell over one simple painting project. I dread starting threads, because everyone finds a way to bring up my painting experiences... People learn by trial and error, but according to many members on here, they don't. my reputation on here is all based around one thread where i color-matched my grill, which i was forced to re-paint due to peeling after i accidentally got some frog tape stuck to it while it was still curing, in an attempt to rush to paint the grille insert area.. Here is the most recent picture of my grille, which i color-matched a few months back, and according to members on here, was ''poorly prepped and won't last long''

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is a picture of my rear bumper, which I painted black, This picture is from yesterday, though it's very fuzzy, it's fine. No chips, no scratches, and holding up to this winter weather

I don't have any close up pictures of my wheels, but if you do check out my build thread, you will be able to see they have no chips, no scrapes, and still look fine.

Here is a shot of my engine, all of which I painted myself. This picture was from about a week or 2 ago. Still looks fresh.

Don't think im a bad painter who doesnt know what i'm doing, just by one mess-up. That's almost saying Tiger woods is a crappy golfer because he didn't get a hole in one.

Last edited:

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
I will be more than happy to go wash my truck and snap some pictures of my wheels, bumper, frame, mirror caps, bed, license plate wings, engine, and many more. Anything that will keep members on here from thinking i am a half-ass painter that doesnt know what i am doing

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's an idea to throw in the pot too since you insist on that bumper. Instead of cutting the rocker, just weld more onto the bumper to the length of the rocker then angle it to the hitch. It wont be as steep, but it will still be there and I can imagine that actually looking good.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Personally I like those bumpers on trucks even older than ours! But if you like it thats cool doesnt bother me at all haha. I know that a hitcj will save you from getting rear ended as well though take it from my past experiences.... I have been rear ended three times and have come away unharmed because of my hitch

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
give the guy a break everybody makes mistakes, at the end of the day all he asked was a simple question; there is no need to bash others :Caffeine: btw you have good painting skills. keep up the good work

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
give the guy a break everybody makes mistakes, at the end of the day all he asked was a simple question; there is no need to bash others :Caffeine: btw you have good painting skills. keep up the good work

I agree on the painting skills! Way better than anything I have tried to paint!