Trimming off rear rocker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
So i have this aftermarket bumper on my truck... and personally i love it, but it just doesn't look right since the rocker sits lower than the bumper :imo: ive seen where people have trimmed them off but im worried that it will look silly.

Here's what im talking about:

You must be registered for see images attach

what im debating about doing, even though this truck doesnt have a rear bumper...

should i leave it or cut it?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do NOT just hack off part of the panel, if you are going to doit you have to finish the edge off or it'll look like poo. I think it could look decent if done and finished right; on the right truck. But I wouldn't do it on your truck IMO, personally I think a different bumper would be the best route to go for you, and not cutting your bed up. A nice colormatched stocker or a welded in rollpan would look good.

Last edited:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
It looks awesome on trucks with a small tube bumper, but the fact that you have a drop bumper, don't do it!

-Via Mobile-

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I gotta start looking at pictures on my phone closer, I thought you had a jeep style rear bumper :nono:

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
The toyota ****** love to cut that part off. So it doesn't hit when they go off road or something.... :lol:

Looks fine the way it is.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I think it looks good the way it is

Sent from my static android

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe you could just get a piece of 1/4 inch steel and extend your bumper to match your body line down the your reciever hitch. In the future you may not like the bumper and want to change it back to oem, and all you have is a hacked up bed. IMO dont cut the bed unless it is for a purpose. Id ditch the bumper but thats just me, each to there own