Transmission temperature gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am planning to install a transmission temp gauge soon and am contemplating where to mount it. I am considering one of those pods that mounts on the A pillar but that kinda seems overly fast and furious to me in a way, how do those things work anyhow do they just snap over the existing plastic? Any body else have any ideas for a clean way to install a gauge somewhere view-able but not overly obvious.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
I too am contemplating a temp gauge for my 97 Sierra. What I would like to know is, where does the sensor go in the transmission? Anyone have a source for these gauges, maybe Summit also?

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
This is the exact gauge I've used in 3 installs on GMT400's. Matches the factory gauges perfect.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/atm-2640/overview/

Comes with the necessary sender to work on these transmissons (4L60E and 4L80E, I would assume it'd work on the 700R4 as well.)

The sender goes into the pressure test port on the transmission. It's just above the shift linkage. Easy to remove and you only lose a couple drips of fluid.

Just installed one today actually lol.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Napa carries Autometer gauges... I've always put them under the dash :shrug:

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Toys arrived!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used the same exact mount for my setup but used the white face autometer gauge.

Crummins

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a 3 pod autometer cluster on my 1996. It doesn't seem to block as much of the a-pillar blind spot that I thought it would.

You must be registered for see images