transmission swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
my two piece bell housing 4l60e transmission recently imploaded so i went to the junk yard and grabbed a 4l60e out of a 98 z71 which has a one piece bell housing, so far the problem ive ran into is that the transmission lines dont meet up to the tansmission anymore due to the more round diameter if the one piece bell housing..... has anyone ever swapped them out and if so, how did you solve this problem and did you run into any other major issues?

ill be doing a write up fro disassembling the imploaded transmission and doing the swap as soon as i finish

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I would either get some lines from the yard, or go to the parts store to get a couple of lengths of tubing and bend them up yourself if you have the tools to do so.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
well i have a trans cooler that all i did was cut the line and put hose with hose clamps so i wonder if i could just do that, does anyone know what the psi is coming out of the transmission going towards the radiator? that would be the high side if it has one and that would be the only side i would really have to worry about

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I don't know the PSI but I have run high-pressure fuel line for transmission lines without issue for a couple years.
Not the "right" thing to do but it works, I'd do what horns suggested if you have the ability to do so. In my case I had 0 time/dollars so that's what I did, it worked. I always planned on "fixing" it later but I never got around to it. It never gave me any leaks.