Top Kick, Kodiak, 3500HD Exterior Door Handle Info, Cheap Handles, and Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I reported it for price gouging. I mean the 300 $ price tag was unbelievable,, but it did have alot of viewerss. But this is just out of hand

How can you report it for price gouging?? you aren't being forced to buy it, are you?

If somebody buys them at that price then more power to him and i'll put mine on there for $450! they will be a bargain!!! lol.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im a buyer and seller on there. ebay goes off feedback alot more than most buyers realize. Ads like that cost us the good sellers valuable customers as if we sell same item. Theres alot more to it than “just a simple price gouge”. There are set requirements we have to abide by, and lets just say thats one of ebays rules of inflation.

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Literally read the first sentence or two. Not that the explanation isn't in the freaking words. A set of these isn't worth $400. I'd pay maybe $50 for a clean junkyard set with all the hardware

I did read it.... its not price gouging if they never sell. you reporting it as price gouging will do NOTHING. A seller can ask any price they want and the buyer decides whether they want to pay that price or not. Obviously you won't pay an i doubt anyone else will either.

Jesse_Wenting

Old Thread Reviver
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, many used sets have sold for 150 shipped.
That's just nuts. What do you think they cost someone at the yard.. $20 maybe 30?

I did read it.... its not price gouging if they never sell. you reporting it as price gouging will do NOTHING. A seller can ask any price they want and the buyer decides whether they want to pay that price or not. Obviously you won't pay an i doubt anyone else will either.
Guys guys guys, I think we're missing the real point here
Yeah, sorry. I get heated when I see people trying to take advantage of others. Hopefully these will never sell and this guy will get a reality check. I think you can actually get the handles new on RockAuto still, albeit they're probably Chinese junk.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's just nuts. What do you think they cost someone at the yard.. $20 maybe 30?

Yeah, sorry. I get heated when I see people trying to take advantage of others. Hopefully these will never sell and this guy will get a reality check. I think you can actually get the handles new on RockAuto still, albeit they're probably Chinese junk.

You can still buy the dorman handles for like $45-50ea.
The money is in the rods.

I have 20+ yards within a 50mi radius of me & only 2 of them have had these handles in the past decade. Both are currently @ the yards & both are selling the trucks complete. I even offered $200 for the parts & put in the reg handles & was told no.
Reality is that parts for our rigs are becoming harder & harder to come by.
I've only seen 5 3rd gen Camaro/Firebird's in the yards in the past 2 yrs & they were ratted out upon arrival. I took everything of use before the vultures destroyed them.

Jesse_Wenting

Old Thread Reviver
Reaction score
I have 20+ yards within a 50mi radius of me & only 2 of them have had these handles in the past decade
Wow. Didn't realize they were that rare

I even offered $200 for the parts & put in the reg handles & was told no
I try offering this to people that are selling really rusted out 3500s in my area from time to time. Almost got lucky with one guy a few months back but he ended up finding someone who bought the whole truck

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow. Didn't realize they were that rare

They were on the Kodiak, Top Kick & c3500hd.

Definitely not as common as the rest of the gmt400 line.

30yrs of working in/with salvage yards.
Ive never seen a Kodiak or Top Kick in one.
C3500hd are landscape or tow trucks.
Those only show up after being wrecked or fully used up.