Tools to Carry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got my truck a month ago, but I do want to compile a toolset for it. Typically I like to have a bunch of tools/emergency equipment in all of my vehicles. My 1st craftsman set was something similar to this.
You must be registered for see images attach

Now I've got another larger Craftsman kit as well as a bevy of other tools. I only need to figure out the best way to carry them. I've got a tool box I kept off of my last truck that I think will fit, but don't really think I want to put a box in this truck. I need to figure out a nice way to fit everything under the back seat. I'm thinking about putting this set, tow strap, battery booster, chains for tools. For emergency stuff I like to keep a coat, gloves, boots, blanket, water, an MRE, hand warmer packets. I also keep a small tube of gojo and some rags. Hmmm. maybe I will have to put my box in. I just hope it doesn't take too much room from the bed.

TwitchZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I carry a evolve(eco line craftsman) 2xx piece set behind the bench with a roadside kit with a flashlight, cables, etc.

Don't forget VICE GRIPS for those pesky battery connections(more of a problem on my camaro)

91RCSBsilvy

Reaction score
i carry a spare belt, crescent wrench, a few common sockts, 3/8 ratchet, a flashlight, pliers, glock, jack and tire and a cellphone worst comes to worse i have buddies to pick my ass up haha i carry an extensive set only on road trips haha

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
My insurance provides free towing to my house. I've found myself under my truck beating on the fuel tank with rocks one to many times... lol
I've also had so use a pair of womens leggings to turn my water pump and alt at one point when my belt broke. Real fun.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
In my truck I keep a Craftsman tool bag loaded with a complete metric and SAE socket set and a complete SAE wrench set. I keep a few nut drivers and allen wrenches but my most valuable tool is a two foot long grabber.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did not see one person list a flash light for when they are walking.

I don't keep a flashlight in my tools. I have a cigarette lighter rechargeable one that is always plugged in. I"m almost always carrying my 150Lm Xeno or my 650Lm Zebralight sc600w in my pocket.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
My truck has a retractable light mounted under the hood that reaches all the way around the truck.

TwitchZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i carry a spare belt, crescent wrench, a few common sockts, 3/8 ratchet, a flashlight, pliers, glock, jack and tire and a cellphone worst comes to worse i have buddies to pick my ass up haha i carry an extensive set only on road trips haha

Haha a glock just mentioned like it's just another tool! Awesome.

TwitchZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, you need to retrofit white into that retractable light!!!

I think I have one of these too. Will they not take just a white bulb? Like do you have to really retrofit it?