Score!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rustjunky67

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just thought I would share my good fortune yesterday.....
Looking thru ole fb marketplace I find an ad with a 1.5 ton jack and other misc tools.....$55
Ad says it was posted over a week ago....
I'm thinking there's no way it's still available but I shoot a message about 4am expecting no response or a "no".....
About 30 minutes later I get a response that yes he still has it and works night shift.....
Since I'm over an hour from where he is, he asks if I'll wait til after 6pm so he can sleep....
Long story a little shorter, the pics show what all was included.....99.9% harbor freight stuff, but still a GREAT deal and I can build my 10 year old son a decent starter set with the ratchets, sockets, combo wrenches, etc that I already have multiples of (and better quality)..... and 3 German made BMW tools....
Plus I got to spend 6 or 7 hours with my 13 year old daughter exploring historical small towns all evening!! That's PRICELESS.....
Happy hunting y'all.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230416-220340_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230416-220340_Google.jpg
    876.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230416_221507.jpg
    20230416_221507.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230416_214236.jpg
    20230416_214236.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230416_214244.jpg
    20230416_214244.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230416_214315.jpg
    20230416_214315.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 11

Rustjunky67

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And the rest lol...
Bag alone costs what I paid for it all

Attachments

• 20230416_215037.jpg
    20230416_215037.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230416_214709.jpg
    20230416_214709.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230416_214752.jpg
    20230416_214752.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230416_214656.jpg
    20230416_214656.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230416_222311.jpg
    20230416_222311.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just thought I would share my good fortune yesterday.....
Looking thru ole fb marketplace I find an ad with a 1.5 ton jack and other misc tools.....$55
Ad says it was posted over a week ago....
I'm thinking there's no way it's still available but I shoot a message about 4am expecting no response or a "no".....
About 30 minutes later I get a response that yes he still has it and works night shift.....
Since I'm over an hour from where he is, he asks if I'll wait til after 6pm so he can sleep....
Long story a little shorter, the pics show what all was included.....99.9% harbor freight stuff, but still a GREAT deal and I can build my 10 year old son a decent starter set with the ratchets, sockets, combo wrenches, etc that I already have multiples of (and better quality)..... and 3 German made BMW tools....
Plus I got to spend 6 or 7 hours with my 13 year old daughter exploring historical small towns all evening!! That's PRICELESS.....
Happy hunting y'all.....
"Plus I got to spend 6 or 7 hours with my 13 year old daughter exploring historical small towns all evening!! That's PRICELESS....." that statement right there is key to a happy family relationship. Good on ya mate.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yup always good to spend quality time with the kiddos! I have many good memories of trips like this, and to swap meets all over Texas, with my Dad.
I have this same floor jack, and I like it except for one thing: the bolts that hold the roller on the front of it are small and don't have lock washers on them. They will fall out and get lost(guess how I know!).
I had a similar good find happen at a swap meet a couple of months ago. The vendor next to me had a tool box and tools that he was selling, and he hadn't had very many people looking at it. I took a look at the box, and saw that it was full of socket bars ...with Craftsman sockets that were old enough to be American made. There were a few other things, but I figured the sockets alone were definitely worth 75¢ apiece( I gave $50 for the whole box and there were over 60 sockets). The tool box is a kinda cheap plastic one, but it's big enough to hold my assortment of wrenches, ratchets, sockets, screwdrivers,etc. that I've kept in a bucket behind the seat in the crew cab. And it fits behind the seat, and doesn't stick up high like the bucket did, so the seat will still recline!

Rustjunky67

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup always good to spend quality time with the kiddos! I have many good memories of trips like this, and to swap meets all over Texas, with my Dad.
I have this same floor jack, and I like it except for one thing: the bolts that hold the roller on the front of it are small and don't have lock washers on them. They will fall out and get lost(guess how I know!).
I had a similar good find happen at a swap meet a couple of months ago. The vendor next to me had a tool box and tools that he was selling, and he hadn't had very many people looking at it. I took a look at the box, and saw that it was full of socket bars ...with Craftsman sockets that were old enough to be American made. There were a few other things, but I figured the sockets alone were definitely worth 75¢ apiece( I gave $50 for the whole box and there were over 60 sockets). The tool box is a kinda cheap plastic one, but it's big enough to hold my assortment of wrenches, ratchets, sockets, screwdrivers,etc. that I've kept in a bucket behind the seat in the crew cab. And it fits behind the seat, and doesn't stick up high like the bucket did, so the seat will still recline!
Yessir i LOVE a good deal....I have a close friend who hosts estate sales and has friends who host estate sales..... you can imagine what I come across when I'm "helping her price and arrange"...... but right now I'm on restriction from the wife on estate sales I gotta do a little organizing and making it look like I got shed of some stuff....I like old tools, old folk, tramp, and handmade art, old books especially history and bibles and technical, I've had large collections of signs and gas pumps, advertising and oddities, WWI, II, and more recent treasures, arrowheads and artifacts that haven't been touched in who knows how long, old post cards and envelopes and letters (and their postmarks and stamps.... just got a letter from the secretary of the navy to a local lady from WWII at the most recent estate sale), you name it if it's old, odd, or rusty, it calls my name.....I find the things that most people aren't willing to invest literally blood, sweat, and tears to locate.....I taught American pickers everything they know
Oki digress I can go on forever about this stuff

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yessir i LOVE a good deal....I have a close friend who hosts estate sales and has friends who host estate sales..... you can imagine what I come across when I'm "helping her price and arrange"...... but right now I'm on restriction from the wife on estate sales I gotta do a little organizing and making it look like I got shed of some stuff....I like old tools, old folk, tramp, and handmade art, old books especially history and bibles and technical, I've had large collections of signs and gas pumps, advertising and oddities, WWI, II, and more recent treasures, arrowheads and artifacts that haven't been touched in who knows how long, old post cards and envelopes and letters (and their postmarks and stamps.... just got a letter from the secretary of the navy to a local lady from WWII at the most recent estate sale), you name it if it's old, odd, or rusty, it calls my name.....I find the things that most people aren't willing to invest literally blood, sweat, and tears to locate.....I taught American pickers everything they know
Oki digress I can go on forever about this stuff
Wow, I'd love to do that, but I would probably spend too much time looking at stuff (prolly $$ too LoL). I've been going to and vending at swap meets for more than 40 years, and the last few years (even before the pandemic, but that seems to have accelerated it) there's a lot more of "cleaning out the house/garage/attic stuff" than there used to be. Part of it might be, too, as the boomers' kids are retiring and downsizing, they're shucking off stuff they don't have space for and their kids/grandkids don't want. This friend of mine who's moving, that I'm evaluating his diecast collection (and selling some of it for him; his wife said he has to divest a bunch of it!) is in that boat. His daughter has absolutely no interest in this stuff, and doesn't know what to sell it for. He's had guys(other dealers) offer him like 25¢ a car for it.... That would be a great deal for someone, but he doesn't want it to go that cheap. He can afford to sit on it and store it, and I probably will be storing some of his shelves and display cases in my shop building (but he has to help me clean the area they'll go in!). We should move a bit of it this weekend; I sold over $400 of his loose cars Saturday at the local toy show. 70s Hot Wheels Super Chromes and Golden Machines, loose but most looking just outta the package (which is very rare for these as much handling would take the tampo designs off and scratch the chrome bodies). Because greater Houston had rain, in some areas, heavy rain, several of the frequent vendors didn't come. So I was one of two vendors with many vintage cars, and the other guy didn't have these. He's been going through his late father's collection, which was apparently ginormous(multiple versions/quantities of everything!). I bought a couple of HW first generation Monte Carlos from him, that I hadn't seen before and didn't have. If I'd wanted to spend my friend's money, I would have bought a bunch of things from this guy!

Rustjunky67

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, I'd love to do that, but I would probably spend too much time looking at stuff (prolly $$ too LoL). I've been going to and vending at swap meets for more than 40 years, and the last few years (even before the pandemic, but that seems to have accelerated it) there's a lot more of "cleaning out the house/garage/attic stuff" than there used to be. Part of it might be, too, as the boomers' kids are retiring and downsizing, they're shucking off stuff they don't have space for and their kids/grandkids don't want. This friend of mine who's moving, that I'm evaluating his diecast collection (and selling some of it for him; his wife said he has to divest a bunch of it!) is in that boat. His daughter has absolutely no interest in this stuff, and doesn't know what to sell it for. He's had guys(other dealers) offer him like 25¢ a car for it.... That would be a great deal for someone, but he doesn't want it to go that cheap. He can afford to sit on it and store it, and I probably will be storing some of his shelves and display cases in my shop building (but he has to help me clean the area they'll go in!). We should move a bit of it this weekend; I sold over $400 of his loose cars Saturday at the local toy show. 70s Hot Wheels Super Chromes and Golden Machines, loose but most looking just outta the package (which is very rare for these as much handling would take the tampo designs off and scratch the chrome bodies). Because greater Houston had rain, in some areas, heavy rain, several of the frequent vendors didn't come. So I was one of two vendors with many vintage cars, and the other guy didn't have these. He's been going through his late father's collection, which was apparently ginormous(multiple versions/quantities of everything!). I bought a couple of HW first generation Monte Carlos from him, that I hadn't seen before and didn't have. If I'd wanted to spend my friend's money, I would have bought a bunch of things from this guy!
Yessir oh the stories we could tell of perfect timing or just randomly saying the right thing to a stranger or myriad other memories!! Unfortunately from what I've seen there is a drastic move away from desiring old and well made to a seeming desire for cheap materials, no character, and houses with everything the same as all the other trendy garbage..... my children will have fun with my stuff as well when I'm gone hopefully