To Keep the hood scoop or to ditch it?

Keep the hood scoop or ditch it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been thinking on whether to ditch the hood scoop on my truck or keep it. I am beginning to think that it looks out of place on there with everything else looking sleek. what do you guys think?
You must be registered for see images attach

I don't have any pictures of the truck without the scoop that aren't back when it was 4 different colors.. I like the scoop, but beginning to wonder if it doesn't stand out like a sore thumb on the truck now. Opinions?

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I think it would look awesome if you could get it fabricated to look like one solid piece. I would either sell it and try to buy a 4" cowl hood, or see if you could cut the hood and fiberglass that on there or something.

ChevyK1500

Reaction score
I think an actual cowl hood would look pretty sweet, but i think the bolt on you have doesn't quite fit your truck because it looks a little bit hard, where as an actual cowl hood would be smoother, matching the rest of your truck. in my opinion a two inch cowl with the vertical sides painted green to match the truck and the rest the of the hood painted black would be killer.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree with chevyk1500 that would look sick, but I would go 4inch

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It originally had a 2" cowl hood on it, but it was mangled up so I did not want it. I would like to have a nice cowl hood that is real, but don't wanna pay the new price for one. I just look at the truck and it just seems that it would look more sleek with a nice smooth hood on it. I still have my cadillac front end, but the bumper needs replaced.. I just can't see myself letting go of the phantom just yet.. lol

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Quick photoshop, just got rid of the seam lines. I say do it like this.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Go without or get an actual cowl hood.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I may have a stock hood scored.. Not sure if the guy will come through with bringing it to me sometime this week, but its worth a shot. If I get it I can throw it on and see what I like better!