Tire size question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 95 k1500 with a 6" bds lift now. Thinking about getting a 3" body to throw 37 or 38's under it. I would rather do 38's and I've seen so many mixed opinions about it. I'm just curious as to anyone who may have this setup already who would like to fill me in on whether you can do this no problem or trimming is needed. Only want to buy these tires once. Thanks

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
I'd just go with 37s and not have to worry about anything. Personally, I think 37s look great on a 6+3 lift anyways.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what gears are you going to run, that's a big tire and not much power in an OBS to get it rolling. With 37s or 38s you will need at least 4.88s I would go even deeper with 5.13s and heim steering for sure, just other things to think about. That being said I would go either depending on if you want an old school look or new, if old some kind of Super Swamper in a 38 on a 15 or 16.5 Welds, if new 37x13.5 Toyos on 22x12s.

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what gears are you going to run, that's a big tire and not much power in an OBS to get it rolling. With 37s or 38s you will need at least 4.88s I would go even deeper with 5.13s and heim steering for sure, just other things to think about. That being said I would go either depending on if you want an old school look or new, if old some kind of Super Swamper in a 38 on a 15 or 16.5 Welds, if new 37x13.5 Toyos on 22x12s.

Well I'm picking up a 14 bolt sf today and I have an old front diff. that I plan to probably run 5.13 with a locker in the rear. As far as the OBS power I'll deal with it for now untill I get some money together and the plan is to drop in a 383. I already have an nv4500 swap so that should help. I'd much rather the older look but I've read things about issues with running bigger tires on IFS etc. I'm just curious if anyone's actually running it already

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I'm picking up a 14 bolt sf today and I have an old front diff. that I plan to probably run 5.13 with a locker in the rear. As far as the OBS power I'll deal with it for now untill I get some money together and the plan is to drop in a 383. I already have an nv4500 swap so that should help. I'd much rather the older look but I've read things about issues with running bigger tires on IFS etc. I'm just curious if anyone's actually running it already

Bigger tires past 35's at least

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hate those charts, why is better mileage on there all the way up to 44s, please tell me one person that runs anything over a 35 and expects decent mileage out of it