Holley tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRider

Reaction score
I put a edelbrock tbi intake and the Holley tbi on last weekend and now it idles fine but around the block has no power at all. Can you fine tune it or do I need to let it learn? Or do I scrap the whole idea and go carburetor?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put a edelbrock tbi intake and the Holley tbi on last weekend and now it idles fine but around the block has no power at all. Can you fine tune it or do I need to let it learn? Or do I scrap the whole idea and go carburetor?
A little bit more information needed.
Like what year and model.
What transmission as well.
And what Holley system.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am NOT a genius when it comes to this, and I'm sure others may chime in.
So let's get some more information out of you to help them.
Why did you change TBI's?
Was there drivability issues before the change?
What's your fuel pressure at the TBI?
Is your parking brake on?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
94 5.7 4l60 Holley 670cfm tbi

Yes bolt on replacement
WHICH "bolt on replacement"? Holley makes a half-dozen with various injector capacities.

Theoretically, the 502-6 is a "direct replacment" for my '88 K1500 5.7L TH700. I have one, but have never installed it. I've heard that they don't run as seamlessly as the OEM throttle body.

OTOH, if you've installed a "replacement" throttle body for a V6, the injectors are going to be WAY wrong.

The throttle bores in the manifold are large enough for the throttle plates in the Holley TBI? Or are you using the Holley taper-bore gasket?