Tinting factory tailights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ill start putting some info together and ill take some pictures next weekend. Im on nights so its kind of difficult spare time wise, but should have it up late next week sometime.

Its a bit more involved than just spraying the VHT on until desired darkness but ill try my best to make it clear as possible. It may be different than the way some people do it, but it works for me.

DefendHawaii

Reaction score
Spray us good but do it right and make sure your tails are still bright, add LED bulbs or think about smoking the tails with tint film, it's easy to apply and if you get pulled over just pulled the film off. I bought a 36x96 sheet for like 35.00 I did 3 of our vehicles and still a ton left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AA13

Reaction score
Heres some I did for my friends truck with clear and black.
You must be registered for see images attach

And these are mine. I wanted it to look dark cherry and to where people would have to guess if they were oem or after market
You must be registered for see images attach

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's mine

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375847796714.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375847796714.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 19
  • uploadfromtaptalk1375847847072.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375847847072.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 18

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Thanks! I tried to do this one kinda subtle. Just enough for people to see it's a bit different, but they just can't put their finger on what's been changed. That's why I think that that light tint would be just enough for it.

AA13

Reaction score
Thanks! I tried to do this one kinda subtle. Just enough for people to see it's a bit different, but they just can't put their finger on what's been changed. That's why I think that that light tint would be just enough for it.

Yea that simple clean look fits your truck perfect! Its kinda what I'm going for too. Is that a 2/4 drop?