Tinting factory tailights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Has anyone done this? What do you have to do? the ones ive seen before on here it was tinted with like a clear coat id like to have em shiny? any advice info/pics would be appreciated thanks, Mike.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
PM Deven (Devs93). He's done some that look good. And yes, it's sprayed on. Much better looking than the cheap-o tint.

Ritchison07

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive tinted mine with stuff from a rattle can. Ive used two different brands before, VHT and Rustoleum. I like rustoleum better personally, it seems to have a satin finish to it and VHT appears to be more of a flat black color. Its pretty simple and straight forward to do though.
Take the housing off the truck, and clean really well. Then hit it with tint. You can lightly wet sand it, and apply some clear for a more finished look. I always mask off the white reverse light portion, i think it looks better.
Also, use light coats! The tint gets dark really quick if you dont pay attention to how much your spray

Sent from my 4G powered 5.7

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, only if i had the skills but i dont feel like i do so i went and ordered new ones today, And Devs 93 since im getting new ones if i decided i rather tint em ill give you a holler and send you the old ones, ive seen some you have done and looks awesome. And on other hand window tint is a total pita here in NC so i dont kno rather to chance tinted taillights at the same time im told its illegal lol.

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
if your able to get a paint gun and clear and a bit of black paint. maybe a ounce of both if that. mix about a ounce of clear and maybe 5-6 drops of black in your clear mix that all up and set your gun up and watch your pattern and tint them to as dark as you want.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Did mine with VHT to clean up the look a bit. I will definitely be "ordering" a set from devs soon, though.
Before clear, camera flash on:
You must be registered for see images

After clear, flash off:

Night, running lights on:

Daytime, lights off: