Tinting factory tailights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yes!
Goes in the body shop, finally, on the 15th! I'm outa town for 10 days, so that's as good a time as any. Complete paint. As much as I didn't want to get it painted, but it's gotta be done. That's original 1997 paint in that pic.

Last edited:

AA13

Reaction score
The paint looks good on it in the pic. What color are you gonna do?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Insurance job. Same color. Medium bright blue metallic. '97 only.
Only thing that I haven't removed as far as logos is the big, huge, large, white 'Chevrolet' on the tailgate.
Only reason it's not off, is that the ghost of it would look worse. So it's gonna be gone. Yes!
Got some test panels of the color with 3 different sizes of metallic. The original is the smallest. Havin' a tough time deciding between the 2 larger ones.
The dif. in size is like microns. Don't know if the largest would be too much. Or if it's even gonna make that much difference.

AA13

Reaction score
Only thing that I haven't removed as far as logos is the big, huge, large, white 'Chevrolet' on the tailgate.
Only reason it's not off, is that the ghost of it would look worse. So it's gonna be gone. Yes!
Got some test panels of the color with 3 different sizes of metallic. The original is the smallest. Havin' a tough time deciding between the 2 larger ones.
The dif. in size is like microns. Don't know if the largest would be too much. Or if it's even gonna make that much difference.

oh nice!Its gonna look good. It prob wont make much of a difference on the size of the metallics. You should post a picture when it gets finished

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score

I would do a smaller flake, never really cared for big flakes, they are to noticeable imo, smaller flake is just a shimmer but big flake you can see

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Big flake? Like 'East L.A., aye carumba, ******, that's a mucho loco Chebby, Chu wanna jUmp?' flake?
Nah, nothing like that.
This is it now.

You must be registered for see images attach