Thread Locker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair, they're not the most attractive engines once all the plastic comes off. Much like those plastic chicks once all the clothes and makeup come off. Better turn the lights out and draw the curtains.

You must be registered for see images attach

(obviously an earlier model, with the mechanical fan - mine's an e fan model so you have a water pump pulley with a rusty threaded hub sticking out, lol)

Richard
I'd do 'er.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Man.. no idea. :( They slap it on several things, though. Looks like the same stuff you get on CTS's, for example.

Maybe someone like.. @MrPink would know?

Richard

Loctite 516 as was already stated. sorry i am late to the party on this.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Loctite 516 as was already stated. sorry i am late to the party on this.
No worries; thanks for the confirmation. xXxPARAGONxXx nailed it on post #29 and it got several mentions afterwards. As they said though it doesn't appear to be available in "consumer" sized packaging where a DIY'er might pick up a small amount for a reasonable price. $150+ for the 1L bottle seems out of reach for most of us. ;)

Richard

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I wonder if 516 is what goes in the joint between the pumpkin and axle tubes on rear axles. I had to do it manually once. It was a red clearish syrupy looking Loctite product, if I remember it right.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if 516 is what goes in the joint between the pumpkin and axle tubes on rear axles. I had to do it manually once. It was a red clearish syrupy looking Loctite product, if I remember it right.
That would probably be one of Loctite's retaining compounds.

This is the same stuff used on the lower ball joint when pressing it in. There are various types of retaining compound, so the one used for the ball joint will not [likely] be the same as one used for an axle tube. Just depends on the specs.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
That would probably be one of Loctite's retaining compounds.

This is the same stuff used on the lower ball joint when pressing it in. There are various types of retaining compound, so the one used for the ball joint will not [likely] be the same as one used for an axle tube. Just depends on the specs.

The tubes already get slug welded. This stuff was more for oil control, I think.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score

SuperSpore

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only reason I asked was because those tubes are supposedly insanely tough to get out. My actual first thought was this. I almost PM’d you, should’ve as you seem to know this shjt! :deal:
So what's the conclusion here... I was about to use this (high temp thread sealant) on the oil pressure sender, with the assumption that it would not lock the threads anymore than the white permatex sealant would. Is there a reason I should be using the white sealant on the sender instead?
(I also will not be spending 150 on a liter of orange stuff) lol