Thinking about Inline Tube? READ THIS FIRST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ordered stainless fuel and brake lines for my truck- $569

I was supposed to pick them up at a local car show but they didnt have them ready (even though I ordered them 3 weeks earlier and was told that was more than enough time)

They were then shipped to my house and when I went to install them I found they sent me a 4x4 kit not a 2wd kit (even though I stressed at least a dozen times when I was ording them that the truck was 2wd)

Called customer service and was directed immediately to voicemail. (You leave a voicemail and then are told by a computer that someone will get back to you in 24 hours)

1-2 days passed with no response so I called again. left another voicemail.

1-2 more days passed so I called and used the voice promps to get to an actual person. I explained my problem, he said he could direct me to the voicemail system, I told him I wanted to speak to a supervisor and after some arguing he agreed to direct me to his supervisor. I waited a couple seconds and it went to the voicemail system! So the rep lied to me so he didnt have to deal with an angry customer.

5-6 days after my FIRST voicemail I recieved a call back. I was told that I wanted to return them I would have to pay shipping out of my pocket. Or I had to take digital pictures of the lines shipped to me and the lines in my truck to prove I had been shipped the wrong lines. (Customers is always right??). I decided to ship them back and cut my losses, after I was given a return order number and just about to hang up I was told that there would be a 15 percent restocking fee as well. I would not stand for that! I told him he would be getting pictures. (I expressed my severe disappointment with the company at this point). I was told I would have a response within 24 hours.

Immediately after getting home I took 44 pictures with my dslr and emailed them to "Chuck". I asked in the email to be CALLED not emailed

2 days later I had not heard back so I called and left a voicemail. About 12 noon

That night I see I received an email response written in the worst english I have ever seen. I replied to the email asking to be called to clarify what was going on

2 days later I had not heard back so I called and left a voicemail (sound familiar?). a couple hours later I receive a phone call and "Chuck" tells me he only got the pictures of my truck and not any of the new lines. I told him I emailed 44 and he rudely tells me his email is only allowed to receive 20 at a time.

That night immediately after getting home I email the remaining pictures.... and wait.

at least 3 more days pass until I get a call saying I was shipped 4x4 lines and not 2wd line.... customer was right, odd. Then he tells me he can either refund my money completely or ship me the correct lines. and then he acted offended when I said I just wanted my money back. he emailed me a shipping label and it was my responsibility to get them to a fed ex store. (when Summit accidentally sent me a wrong cam they sent out the correct one overnight and arranged to have the wrong one picked up on my doorstep, without me asking.)

In the end I ended up getting my money back (a week after shipping the parts back) They would not refund my money until they received the parts back.

The turnaround from when I received the lines to when I got my money back was OVER A MONTH.

The lack of customer service and respect was incredible! I cannot understand how they can stay in business.

Hopefully this saves someone some hassle. If you think Its just me google "inline tube reviews". also look them up on the BBB. guess what their rating is.... F and rightfully so!

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I am surprised you had that kind of problems. I have ordered numerous sets of stainless brake , transmission and fuel lines from them. Always got them in a few days and never had a problem.

I wonder if they changed ownership?

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am surprised you had that kind of problems. I have ordered numerous sets of stainless brake , transmission and fuel lines from them. Always got them in a few days and never had a problem.

I wonder if they changed ownership?

This could be the case because I was told by quite a few people that they were good. I was told that the voicemail system is a new setup.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I was just checking around for some new stainless brake lines. These guys were one of the ones on my list! Not any more! Thanks for the heads up!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've heard others mention Classic Tube, not sure of their reputation, so check them out first. There's another supplier I've seen posted recently but can't remember the name/find the post. :/

Richard

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've heard others mention Classic Tube, not sure of their reputation, so check them out first. There's another supplier I've seen posted recently but can't remember the name/find the post. :/

Richard

I was considering trying classic tube myself but now I mind as well wait till spring since its so cold.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i never had that much trouble with inline tube usually even on a busy day i walk in there ask fro something made and they do it and i get it within a half hour