Think I got a deal.. Let me know what you think

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I see your 600 dollar setup and raise you a 78 hpd44, reap shackle flip, and most parts to rebuild the 44 for only $700. People never believe me when I tell them I dd the Sas on my truck for under a grand.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
i'm gettin a 79 HPD44 in trade for a cowl hood someone bought me with $180 they owed me.

and it's been rebuilt, only needs 4.56 gears for me and 2 six lug brake rotors. it's already been converted to 6 lug

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
i'm gettin a 79 HPD44 in trade for a cowl hood someone bought me with $180 they owed me.

and it's been rebuilt, only needs 4.56 gears for me and 2 six lug brake rotors. it's already been converted to 6 lug

But then you also need all the bracketry and what not...

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Yeah I know. I wish I could find a deal on the brackets and all but oh we'll. Adam sent me a link to a sky kit, that's $300 for the brackets. Then I need crossover steering and leafs too.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Yeah I know. I wish I could find a deal on the brackets and all but oh we'll. Adam sent me a link to a sky kit, that's $300 for the brackets. Then I need crossover steering and leafs too.

Ahh yes I have been eyeing that kit for quite some time. I already got a set of leafs that would put my nbs at 5 inches of lift which is perfect for some 35s. Now if I can just find a damn axle and convince my sister she wants my Gti so I can get my truck back.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Yeah the kit is a great deal at $300. I'll be ordering it in the next few weeks and begin gathering the other needed parts and hopefully have mine sas'd before the end of summer. Now that I have another car as a dd I can have more t to work on it and get some much needed stuff done.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score

hope its not a 79 f150 d44 unless its from a club cab

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
my first sas was about $500

1. Yours was probably before everyone wanted to do it and jacked prices of axles up.
2. I'm gonna guess you had scrap stuff laying around that you used.
3. I went from having nothing for a sas to having it complete in less than a month so I consider my budget to be pretty damn good.