I got a F*rd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
When I had my shop I fixed more 89's than any other year Ford built. My brother in law gave me an 89 F150. The body and interior were in perfect condition but the MPFI 302 wouldn't pull itself out of a wet paper sack and the E4OD shuddered in OD. I traded it off for a 79 C8000 with a 3208 and turned that into a roll back.
Wish you luck with yours!!!
I'm not overly concerned. I technically cut my teeth on an '89 Ford Ranger. If I could work on the Lima series 2.3L four banger, I think the bigger, older school 460 with injection shouldn't give me too much trouble. And even I should be able to rebuild a C6. And I actually really like Ford's Twin I Beam suspension.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not overly concerned. I technically cut my teeth on an '89 Ford Ranger. If I could work on the Lima series 2.3L four banger, I think the bigger, older school 460 with injection shouldn't give me too much trouble. And even I should be able to rebuild a C6. And I actually really like Ford's Twin I Beam suspension.

You must be registered for see images attach

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was given a Ferd.
My wife's cousin had a fuel related breakdown with his '98 F150. Over the course of a summer I repaired said fuel problem, blown brake line, rear hose, wheel cylinders, broken front coil springs. Installed 4 good used, correct size hoops in place of the oversize bald tires, MAF, and spark plugs.
I wouldn't take labor money 'cause he's family, so when he got his '17 GMC Canyon, he cursed me with Ole Snowball. Snowball: because when you touch one thing, 2 more things break.

Since I got it, Snowball got a full stainless brake line kit, removed the NF A/C compressor with a A/C delete pulley, junk tensioner, split blades on the plastic radiator fan, replaced the leaking heater hose, which turned into a water pump, a Leveling kit, removed the rotted bed and a dually conversion with UTV paddle tires. Because a 2wd V6 field truck that gets stuck on wet grass sucks.
Eventually it'll get a flatbed and some kind of tool box, front and rear hitches, maybe mud flaps and some silly exhaust. Bosozoku style?
I've got about 2 grand into repair parts alone, with another 700 in parts waiting for nice weather.

Best of luck with your money draining project!

Attachments

• 20231203_140145.jpg
    20231203_140145.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20231203_140155.jpg
    20231203_140155.jpg
    535.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Dravec

Reaction score
I was given a Ferd.
My wife's cousin had a fuel related breakdown with his '98 F150. Over the course of a summer I repaired said fuel problem, blown brake line, rear hose, wheel cylinders, broken front coil springs. Installed 4 good used, correct size hoops in place of the oversize bald tires, MAF, and spark plugs.
I wouldn't take labor money 'cause he's family, so when he got his '17 GMC Canyon, he cursed me with Ole Snowball. Snowball: because when you touch one thing, 2 more things break.

Since I got it, Snowball got a full stainless brake line kit, removed the NF A/C compressor with a A/C delete pulley, junk tensioner, split blades on the plastic radiator fan, replaced the leaking heater hose, which turned into a water pump, a Leveling kit, removed the rotted bed and a dually conversion and UTV paddle tires. Because a 2wd V6 field truck that gets stuck on wet grass sucks.
Eventually it'll get a flatbed and some kind of tool box, front and rear hitches, maybe mud flaps.
I've got about 2 grand into repair parts alone, with another 700 in parts waiting for nice weather.

Best of luck with your money draining project!
Just one of MANY projects to drain my fundages! :anitoof::anitoof::anitoof:

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While I can respect the Bosozoku...

I gotta vote for Full Throttle style.

I don't have a pic of it, but I'm building what I call the Quadra-stack. A 4 pipe smokestack, starting with a 2.5 inch, 4-into-1 header collector, backwards, with a four pack of 1 7/8" pipes straight up and slash cut at the top, all stainless pipes.

Dravec

Reaction score
Not traitorous. I grew up around Fords. That's all my grandad had until he got the '87 GMC for my mother in '93, and then the '02 Silverado in '03. But I fell in love with the 400s I saw all over town when I was a kid. The 400 has the cleanest lines of any truck ever, in my opinion, and I love the Vortec 5.7 & 7.4 more than any other motor. So if anything, I betrayed Ford for the true king of trucks. :anitoof: :anitoof: