Things to check after I got water damage...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He thought it could be the timing chain or gear or whatever because of how it sounded when it turned over.. After a couple cranks he immediately stopped and said that's what he thought it was... It did sound pretty weird and out of time, but I know the distributor could make it do that as well, he is going to do a compression test.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
He thought it could be the timing chain or gear or whatever because of how it sounded when it turned over.. After a couple cranks he immediately stopped and said that's what he thought it was... It did sound pretty weird and out of time, but I know the distributor could make it do that as well, he is going to do a compression test.

If it is the timing chain it is coincidental.

Water in the comb chamber will bend a rod, in the oil pan will wipe a bearing. But neither will effect the timing chain.

He may just be working the symptoms he has in front of him vice us having to work on your internet description....