The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shucks

Reaction score
I figured that would have been the answer. I just figured since I'm replacing the back two and will be working on the front as well, I should change out all 4 shocks with a package.
Thanks.

johnny1

Reaction score
I have a 3 4 drop on mine but my wheels tires dnt stick out that much, but w 275 60 it will scrape rolling the inner fender lip is an ideal thing to do I jus slaped some 235 70 up front and 275 60 rear on 454 ss wheels (swag) I dnt kno how to post piks but can email them [email protected]

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
After reading through all of this, I'm interested in a 3 & 4 drop. The wheels I'm planning on using are 15". Djm is probably what I'll buy as a kit. The tires that I want are 255's.
What width of wheel would be great to use, 15 x8, or 15 x 9? Don't want any rubbing problems.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
15X8 will be good.
I have 275/60's on 8"
295/50's will fit an 8" too.

Thanks for the input. The kit that I looked at has calmax drop control arms and shackles. Anybody used these with success?

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
so when using drop spindles and a 15" rim I gather that the rain gutters on the lca's need to be trimmed... but where does it hit? like at full lock or sooner in the turning radius.... will it cause problems to not trim them for a couple days? I have full intent on trimming but won't have access to a cut off wheel for a few days. I'm thinking about throwing the spindles on tomorrow so any replies will be appreciated

Sent from my static android

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so when using drop spindles and a 15" rim I gather that the rain gutters on the lca's need to be trimmed... but where does it hit? like at full lock or sooner in the turning radius.... will it cause problems to not trim them for a couple days? I have full intent on trimming but won't have access to a cut off wheel for a few days. I'm thinking about throwing the spindles on tomorrow so any replies will be appreciated

They'll hit before full-lock, so you lose a noticeable amount of steering without them being trimmed.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Will it go full lock after they are trimmed? Also can I go 8 inches rear with a bolt in notch or should I keep it at 7

Last edited:

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
also what's the proffered method of trimming them? a cut off wheel or can I get after it with a reciprocating saw? i.e. sawzall

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also what's the proffered method of trimming them? a cut off wheel or can I get after it with a reciprocating saw? i.e. sawzall

does triming the lower control arms apply to lowering spindals? i have 15s on my truck and i dont know if it has been trimed. i dont have lowering spindals