The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah i read that thread a few times over and feel like im missing the point where its pointed out how to actually achieve the 4" in back? i see lots of threads talking hypotheticals or 5/6 or 4/7 but im looking for sqaut not dropped. do i need to or rather should i be looking at notching still? like notching and bags
4" drop in the back is hangers and shackles. A notch isn't required for a 4" drop, but I'd clearance the bed crossmember for the pumpkin.
These trucks are taller in the back than the front, (raked) by about 2" so the 2/4, 4/6 or 5/7 lowers and levels them. If you want squat you'll have to drop the rear even more.

MILLCMACK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
4" drop in the back is hangers and shackles. A notch isn't required for a 4" drop, but I'd clearance the bed crossmember for the pumpkin.
These trucks are taller in the back than the front, (raked) by about 2" so the 2/4, 4/6 or 5/7 lowers and levels them. If you want squat you'll have to drop the rear even more.
perfect thank you!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
On 2 wheel drive 400's, a 3" diff front > rear gets them riding level.
3/6, 4/7, 5/8.

Squatted? Not judging. Just not my style. But...
Front fender 4" higher than the rear fender is now illegal in NC, SC & Virginia.
More states are sure to follow.
But 'fender height'? WTF?
How they would measure that could be subject to individual interpretation by whomever 'they' are.
IMO, stuff like that should be based on bumper height.
Better to err to the conservative side.
Nothing better than having some gung-ho by-the-book cop bound & determined to find an equipment violation or illegal mod & he can't write that ticket because the vehicle is just this much (_) within the law.
Ever see smoke come out of a cop's ears? Cheap entertainment.
I like the sound of grinding teeth. Just as long as they ain't mine!

MILLCMACK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
On 2 wheel drive 400's, a 3" diff front > rear gets them riding level.
3/6, 4/7, 5/8.

Squatted? Not judging. Just not my style. But...
Front fender 4" higher than the rear fender is now illegal in NC, SC & Virginia.
More states are sure to follow.
But 'fender height'? WTF?
How they would measure that could be subject to individual interpretation by whomever 'they' are.
IMO, stuff like that should be based on bumper height.
Better to err to the conservative side.
Nothing better than having some gung-ho by-the-book cop bound & determined to find an equipment violation or illegal mod & he can't write that ticket because the vehicle is just this much (_) within the law.
Ever see smoke come out of a cop's ears? Cheap entertainment.
I like the sound of grinding teeth. Just as long as they ain't mine!
I guess I should have known to not use the “squat” term lmao - up here it’s so shunned upon I honestly hadn’t even considered the guys who actually drop just the rear. I’m just looking for a lower stance. Preferably would like to “sit down into my truck” vs “slide into my truck”. If I could effectively tow and maneuver normally scraping paint I would lol. Looked at shackles this afternoon- will crank my front end down and see what I can’t get away with. Just don’t want to be getting stopped by one bullet Barney’s every week because they think I’m out of wack towing + lowered.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
how low could i go and not totally out myself from towing safely?
You could get pretty low!

You must be registered for see images attach

Granted, they're not 4x4s, & more-n-likely bagged too, but just to show how low some do go.

Although IIRC, this one is a a static drop.

MILLCMACK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Granted, they're not 4x4s, & more-n-likely bagged too, but just to show how low some do go.

yea see i WANT the first one or @618 Syndicate 's ride but i know i NEED something more along the lines of the last one. id like that but up just a smidge

MILLCMACK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

im just imagining myself trying to explain to my wife why we need ANOTHER dually lmao "but honey, this one has FOUR DOORS.."

QLONA

Reaction score
So another question for lowering a 4x4. As mention before to achieve a 4" drop in rear, a drop hanger and shackle are required. Ive search for several hrs and have had no luck finding drop hangers for a 4x4 "k" series. Would a 2wd drop hanger work on the 4x4 frame?