The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Likely answered before and likely some examples but, can you lower a 4x4 truck or should I save money and buy a 2wd truck and use the money saved on more lowering. All of this is for my knowledge, and who knows I might lower my 94 4x4
A good bit of people have lowered 4x4 trucks some have even done awd conversions, good for drag racing and high hp street builds

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Likely answered before and likely some examples but, can you lower a 4x4 truck or should I save money and buy a 2wd truck and use the money saved on more lowering. All of this is for my knowledge, and who knows I might lower my 94 4x4
That depends on how much drop you want. You can lower a 4wd, but not as low as you can a 2wd without spending a bunch of cash.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You'll have to do some digging through Barry's postings, but he's pushing 500hp in a lowered 4x4.
...with a stick shift!

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
That depends on how much drop you want. You can lower a 4wd, but not as low as you can a 2wd without spending a bunch of cash.
I’m thinking of a 3” drop in the frontand some kind of stance of the older drag cars in the back as seen below but less crazy.

Attachments

• B90B4C34-B394-44B3-935D-05CA48027ECE.png
    B90B4C34-B394-44B3-935D-05CA48027ECE.png
    898 KB · Views: 6

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking of a 3” drop in the frontand some kind of stance of the older drag cars in the back as seen below but less crazy.
If you want that rake it's easier to raise the back on a 4wd. Anything more than a couple inch drop on the front and you start having driveline issues.

MILLCMACK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
options for
If you want that rake it's easier to raise the back on a 4wd. Anything more than a couple inch drop on the front and you start having driveline issues.
i "dont have complaints" about the ride height of my k3500 but ideally it would be lower im deciding. considering i do tow with it semi regularly in the winter, how low could i go and not totally out myself from towing safely? imo i think i would even be happy with 2/3" if thats doable? i dont tow anywhere near capacity with this truck and at most in the future we would get a camper and that would be somewhere well below 10k

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
options for

i "dont have complaints" about the ride height of my k3500 but ideally it would be lower im deciding. considering i do tow with it semi regularly in the winter, how low could i go and not totally out myself from towing safely? imo i think i would even be happy with 2/3" if thats doable? i dont tow anywhere near capacity with this truck and at most in the future we would get a camper and that would be somewhere well below 10k

MILLCMACK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah i read that thread a few times over and feel like im missing the point where its pointed out how to actually achieve the 4" in back? i see lots of threads talking hypotheticals or 5/6 or 4/7 but im looking for sqaut not dropped. do i need to or rather should i be looking at notching still? like notching and bags