The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1badgmc what is the hard part of removing the door panels any tips??

Nothing at all. That's the point. It's an overall simple job to replace the mirrors. Remove the screw from inside the pull handle/armrest and remove the trim piece around the power window/lock switches. There are clips around the bottom and sides of the panel holding it to the door. Just start from the bottom and pull out. Once all those clips are released, lift the panel up to get it off of the window lip. If you have a small stool or some blocks of wood, set them under the door panel and you won't even have to bother disconnecting the window/lock switches.

Reaction score
ok on my 1997 silverado, the passenger power door lock works sometimes and sometimes not. the drivers door will lock but i can still open the passenger doo, what could it be, the lock actuartor? im trying to order the part tonight, Thanks

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
You can usually just listen as the motor moves and if it sounds weak then its on its way out. You can check for power to make sure power is getting to it. But over the years on the OBS's I just listen to it and just change if it sounds weak.

Reaction score
You can usually just listen as the motor moves and if it sounds weak then its on its way out. You can check for power to make sure power is getting to it. But over the years on the OBS's I just listen to it and just change if it sounds weak.
i dont know how to tell if it sounds weak but, you either have to hold the button down or hit it 2-3 times to make it work. What do i need to order?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok on my 1997 silverado, the passenger power door lock works sometimes and sometimes not. the drivers door will lock but i can still open the passenger doo, what could it be, the lock actuartor? im trying to order the part tonight, Thanks

Try lubing it first. It's a common problem for these trucks as they get older and for some reason it seems to be most common in the passenger door. My '98 Suburban passenger door is doing the same thing. I'm just too lazy to tear into it to lube it.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
true. I keep forgetting about that.

These door panels can be a pain sometimes. I need to replace some clips that lock the panel on the door. I have the bag of new clips but just too lazy to do it.

Reaction score
Thanks!, and i already put the white lithium grese where it slides and that didnt help, i might try it again before i order this
i got new lock actuator and accidentally broke the actual control switch while taking door panel off, after i put in the actuator but before i put the new switch in i tested it out and it was still slow. turns out it was just the switch... So new question on my other truck (1996 Silverado) i thought the actuator in drivers door is bad so i put my old actuator in and it still doesnt work. passenger side works fine but drivers will lock but not unlock, you have to manually do it. What should i do now?(sorry for the long post just trying to avoid making a new thread and junking up the forum)

Last edited: