The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I see. Check all your cables and connections like others have mentioned. If you find anything let us know
May be something in the ignition switch wiring. There's lots of wiring harness under the dash and plenty of places for it to get in a bind or rub or touch something it shouldn't. Especially if the vehicle has been worked on much under there, like a car alarm being installed.
Good luck!

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Post here if you have a simple question. This will help keep track of common info and reduce clutter.
I’m wondering what the best setup for speakers is since the previous owners removed the door and pillar speakers. Looking at a center console replacement or box setup for my single cab?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While driving...the only cutout I've noticed is engine power. It's only lasted one second. Noticed on the freeway in a pothole. And its happened a few times when I've slammed the driver door shut.
The best solution is to chop off those side post terminals and put a top post battery in it. I don't tolerate side post batteries any more.

Tubbz

Reaction score
Post here if you have a simple question. This will help keep track of common info and reduce clutter.
Stupidest question of the day: 93 k1500 taillights work in the day but not at night fuses are all good not sure if there’s some kind of sensor I need to replace

chevius

Reaction score
Mike... not at all stupid... could be very helpful to me to think on your situation, as I'm getting around to figuring out why my park-fuse blows sometimes (rear running lights, instrument cluster lights etc.)

I've put in a PICO brand "re-settable" fuse which is brilliant...
I will be interested in what replies you might get... if I understand you correctly you tailinghts don't work at night? That's something I've never heard of, though my gut says to stay interested in your comment. I'll check back soon i hope. just a short not here. You ARE saying that the rear running lights don't work after dark... wow. weird and super-interesting. Sorry you're having that problem of course.

Tubbz

Reaction score
Mike... not at all stupid... could be very helpful to me to think on your situation, as I'm getting around to figuring out why my park-fuse blows sometimes (rear running lights, instrument cluster lights etc.)

I've put in a PICO brand "re-settable" fuse which is brilliant...
I will be interested in what replies you might get... if I understand you correctly you tailinghts don't work at night? That's something I've never heard of, though my gut says to stay interested in your comment. I'll check back soon i hope. just a short not here. You ARE saying that the rear running lights don't work after dark... wow. weird and super-interesting. Sorry you're having that problem of course.
Highly appreciate you response yes that is correct my taillights and 3rd light work only in the daylight I have no clue why

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The taillight/brake bulbs have two lighting elements, each on a different circuit, but with a common ground. Check your bulbs to see if one of the elements has broken and laid over on the other. Having your taillights on will backfeed the brake light circuit and pressing the brakes won't make any difference because there's already current there.

At the same time, during the day when you press your brake pedal, all your parking lights will light up.

Soulasylum21

Reaction score
silly question can i put a running light module in my truck when it didn't come with it factory

my buddys 98 z71 has it

was curious if it was also only on the newer trucks or not

95 c1500 305 TBI

Thanks in advance

Last edited: