The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody here know if you can rebuild/replace the 2 outer power sockets.. I see they sell the center cigarette socket still. No info on the outer.

You must be registered for see images attach

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dumb question. For a 98 suburban underhood fuse box. Is there supposed to be a missing fuse for stop/hazard? I dont remember pulling the fuse and have seen some pics online with them missing?

You must be registered for see images attach

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You also shouldn't have a brake light relay. I'm thinking the two are related. If you look in the interior fuse panel, there's another stop/haz fuse in it lol

Never really paid attention lol. Thanks I was starting to think I pulled it and lost the fuse lol

LTC_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hopefully this is a stupid question in the right section.

The key tumbler in the driver door was disconnected from the lock so I pulled the door panel and handle and clipped the rod back on the tumbler. Now if I lock the door and use the key to unlock, it works but is a little tight. If I try to lock the door with a key, it feels like the key is going to snap off in the tumbler. So I inspected closer and noticed a wire harness. The doors are manual. Crank windows and no lock/unlock buttons, but there appears to be an actuator for the lock that seems to be the culprit for the tigtness. Is this aftermarket or factory?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hopefully this is a stupid question in the right section.

The key tumbler in the driver door was disconnected from the lock so I pulled the door panel and handle and clipped the rod back on the tumbler. Now if I lock the door and use the key to unlock, it works but is a little tight. If I try to lock the door with a key, it feels like the key is going to snap off in the tumbler. So I inspected closer and noticed a wire harness. The doors are manual. Crank windows and no lock/unlock buttons, but there appears to be an actuator for the lock that seems to be the culprit for the tigtness. Is this aftermarket or factory?

Depends... 1 photos help. 2 what year and vehicle?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Aftermarket. I'm like 99% certain no crank window trucks came with power locks, and even if they did, it wouldn't look like that hack job. Even if they did, there would only be two wires going to the actuator.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree looks aftermarket. Remove the actuator and compare it to a stock one. I'm not sure if they were the same to later gmt400s but you can tell when one is frozen. Cheap actuators tend to do that.