The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99escladel31

Reaction score
1999 Cadillac escalade assuming with luxury vss problems way over budget on a new daily

main only problem ATM moment is speedometer displaying double the speed traveling

computer appears to have the correct speed and trans seems to shift good

I've replaced the air core motor today and still the same symptom's I've chase the green and white wire to all component's all looked fine its disconnected and sealed on the end at the after market radio

transfer case vehicle speed sensor on rear of housing in top appears decent except some rubbing right next to the pick up or contact sensor

id post pics or a video but I got slow internet service if any one could chime in and help id appreciate it ive tried all I can thank of 64011 zip

ive checked the brake switch and cruise control plug and cruise switch appears good with
automotive voltage meter no scope available

Last edited:

Alex1990

Reaction score
I got a 96 c1500 ext cab. The door lock switch on the passenger door will unlock both doors but won't lock either door. The actuator inside the door works because if i lock the doors from driver side both sides lock. I put the door switch on another 96 truck and the switch works perfectly fine.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Does your truck have keyless entry or no? Need to know because the wiring is different between keyless and non.

Dathan99

Reaction score
Does anyone know where the lighting control module (Lcm) is on a 1999 k2500 ?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Should be mounted to the steering column mount bracket on the right side of it. Note that if you have keyless entry, the keyless entry module replaces the lighting module but is in the same place.

OBS Caleb

Reaction score
Radio isn’t working on my 95 k1500. All fuses are good. Going to check the harness for power. Any suggestions?

Dathan99

Reaction score
Should be mounted to the steering column mount bracket on the right side of it. Note that if you have keyless entry, the keyless entry module replaces the lighting module but is in the same place.
Would you happen to know if radio gets power from that module?

Dathan99

Reaction score
Would you happen to know if radio gets power from that module?
Like I made a post but couldn’t get a answer the dome lights stay on and the radio has no power this is all after replacing the vats system

95TXSilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 95 ECSB 350 V8 AT. Lately, I have been hearing an intermittent ticking sound coming from the dash board, sounds like a loud turn signal type sound. All my turn signals and lights work as well as all my accessories. Anyone know what is causing this?