The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive tried em all. sometimes it pops up the second the cd touches the slot, and it wont even try to take it.

fintelmales

Reaction score
REALLY dump question.... I guess this is the spot?
I want to hook my CB up in my pickup. 1994 Chevy ECSB 4x4. I've always plugged the hot wire into the fuse panel with a male spade on other older pickups. Where do I this on this pickup? I don't care if it's always on or key powered, just want it in there. I stuck it in some blank spots but didn't seem to get anything. My ground is very good, but to get it to work right now I just pulled my dome light fuse and stuck it in there. Can anyone shed some light on this??

Chevyboy95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
you could use a relay with either the ignition or remote from a headunit to turn over the relay to give 12v power to the CB.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
REALLY dump question.... I guess this is the spot?
I want to hook my CB up in my pickup. 1994 Chevy ECSB 4x4. I've always plugged the hot wire into the fuse panel with a male spade on other older pickups. Where do I this on this pickup? I don't care if it's always on or key powered, just want it in there. I stuck it in some blank spots but didn't seem to get anything. My ground is very good, but to get it to work right now I just pulled my dome light fuse and stuck it in there. Can anyone shed some light on this??

If you look on the drivers side interior firewall, right buy the kick panel; your see the interior junction block. There are several terminals that are ignition switched. If you have a DMM or a test light, simply probe a terminal till you locate one that has 12V+ when the key is in the ACC and ON position. And has 0V when the key is in the OFF position. I can locate a terminal for you as well if you have trouble finding one. Hope that helps a bit!

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if I should have put this here on the interior section but......

Last night leaving work (34*) I go to turn on my heat and no air is coming out of the vents, nothing. The truck didn't get warm of course. However, after driving a little bit I noticed that the heat kicked on. Is it my switches or blower motor? Or something else ?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Someone showed me what fuse to pull to make my day-time-running lights turn off, and I'm really happy about that. Those things were annoying- I would be driving out in a field to pick some one up and they'd get blinded because my lights couldn't turn off. Fixed now- :)

Now I have another question- is there a particular fuse that'll turn off my ajar door/light on alarm? If we're outside working late I can't have my lights on and the truck off without hearing an annoying "RRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGG" the entire time we're doing it. Thanks-

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone showed me what fuse to pull to make my day-time-running lights turn off, and I'm really happy about that. Those things were annoying- I would be driving out in a field to pick some one up and they'd get blinded because my lights couldn't turn off. Fixed now- :)

Now I have another question- is there a particular fuse that'll turn off my ajar door/light on alarm? If we're outside working late I can't have my lights on and the truck off without hearing an annoying "RRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGG" the entire time we're doing it. Thanks-

Remove the dinger box from hell. Problem solved.

Sent from somewhere in MN

skyrodder

Reaction score
where does the reverse light switch go

2 parts stores say this is the correct back up switch. where does it go? 95 1500 5.7 Auto 2wd.

Attachments

• 379462_187561401387517_664679904_n.jpg
    379462_187561401387517_664679904_n.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 23