The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigV

Reaction score
Don't think it is the right one.

In that bottom picture that box where the shift cable connects is where it is located. Pretty sure it is the bottom plug. Top one would be the neutral safety switch.

It has been MANY years since I pulled one so I could be wrong.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Again this year my door lock on the drivers side doesn't go all the way down it happen last year when it got cold.

What would you guys do?? 1993 F/S truck.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
take off the door panel and see what's wrong if it was really bugging me... check all the wiring and make sure no water was in it

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm putting LEDs under my hood now because I have a discount code for SuperBrightLEDs. I also have a reel light and would like to put a red LED for map reading and an cool white for the regular underhood light. I think the numbers are 232 but I'm not sure what would fit on superbright's website for either. Any numbers or recommendations?

Chevyboy95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again this year my door lock on the drivers side doesn't go all the way down it happen last year when it got cold.

What would you guys do?? 1993 F/S truck.

when mine did it, it just needed a little grease. it got hung up a bit. Take the door panel off and get a look at it. Can only suggest so much with limited info.

benjaminbarton55

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick question. Do I have to replace the front speakers as well as the rear speakers when installing subwoofers and amp, etc.? Or can I just install the subs right away? I wasnt sure if there was a combatibility issue or what not. Sorry if I sound a bit rediculous... i just have no knowledge on wiring. And also, could someone tell me how exactly the wiring setup goes? Like, where all the connections go? Or maybe tell me somewhere on the forums where I could learn how? Haha..:confused:

Im driving a 98 chevy, silverado extended cab, z71.
Thanks again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody have any idea what the amp rating is on the factory cargo/fog light switches on the 88-94 dash switches?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Anybody have any idea what the amp rating is on the factory cargo/fog light switches on the 88-94 dash switches?

good question... or on the 96-98 ones. I'd kind of like to know myself.

If you run a relay you won't need to run very much power through it anyways. You running lights with it, right?

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes fog lights. I will most likely run relays I just need to buy a relay holder. I would just like to know the amp rating on them.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Yes fog lights. I will most likely run relays I just need to buy a relay holder. I would just like to know the amp rating on them.

Talk to Baron (Mean Green) on here, he makes a new hd fog light harness that uses the OE switch. It also makes connecting everything easier.

Usually though most fog light kits use a 40 amp relay. I suggested Barons kit mostly to save you some hassle with wiring and give you the ability to run the lights seperate from the headlights depending on how you hooked it up.

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone