The Overhead Console Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a garage door opener that can be programmed for 3 different doors. I'm not sure how to set it for each garage door though I would have to look it up.

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good. Liking the red. Can't wait to finish my black/red when I get back next summer

The red suede on the console was an experiment to see how it looked and turns out I like it. Next up is the rest of the headliner and sun visors out of a Burb or Tahoe.

Still haven't decided if I'm going to go red/black or just dye the speaker grilles back to factory. I had to mod the speaker grilles so that I could fit the Alpine speakers in there, the tweeters sat too high.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
The red suede on the console was an experiment to see how it looked and turns out I like it. Next up is the rest of the headliner and sun visors out of a Burb or Tahoe.

Still haven't decided if I'm going to go red/black or just dye the speaker grilles back to factory. I had to mod the speaker grilles so that I could fit the Alpine speakers in there, the tweeters sat too high.

Yeah I tried some red fabric spray and it don't work too well so I went back over it in black. I don't have time to finish so I will do it when I get back next summer. I plan on doing the seats and finishing the doors/headliner and then hopefully the carpet.

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I tried some red fabric spray and it don't work too well so I went back over it in black. I don't have time to finish so I will do it when I get back next summer. I plan on doing the seats and finishing the doors/headliner and then hopefully the carpet.

I've never had any luck with dying fabric. Anything I've tried always came out like cardboard even with a good brushing in between.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I've never had any luck with dying fabric. Anything I've tried always came out like cardboard even with a good brushing in between.

Yeah this was more of a fabric spray paint but it was in the back if my truck and froze so it turned out like crap. The black looked good but I'm going to just buy some red fabric and rewrap it.