The herd grows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah north of Austin, y'all actually get winter. We mainly get rain in greater Houston area. Though in '21 we did actually get some snow and ice; stuck in the trailer for 4 days, wearing most of the layers we had.....

Winter usually lasts about 2 weeks here, the end of January/beginning of February and doesn't get much below 32F if at all. The last few years though ...

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harmonic balancer is off, fought with the power steering pulley for an hour and gave up. Stupid puller wouldn't stay straight and I think I ruined it.

Credit where credit is due, the SBC balancer is 10 times easier to remove than a LS balancer. :) It looks ok, but my experience is that when your front seal goes bad it's usually because the balancer was wobbling, so I got a new AC Delco HB.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harmonic balancer is off, fought with the power steering pulley for an hour and gave up. Stupid puller wouldn't stay straight and I think I ruined it.
The power steering pulleys can get seriously stuck. I wasn't able to get the pulley off the original power steering pump on WCJr. I ended up buying a new pump and pulley.

You must be registered for see images attach

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it’s helpful at all, I can confirm the p/s pulley from the LS trucks does fit and allows pump removal without pulley removal.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The power steering pulleys can get seriously stuck. I wasn't able to get the pulley off the original power steering pump on WCJr. I ended up buying a new pump and pulley.

This is the third pulley I've pulled in the last year, and the cheap tool I had is just done with it. I ordered this here fancy one from O'Reillys (which probably means I'll use it once LOL).

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it’s helpful at all, I can confirm the p/s pulley from the LS trucks does fit and allows pump removal without pulley removal.

Yeah, the pulley on my son's LS swap is the pulley from the old 4.3. If I ever buy a new one, that's the one!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
This is the third pulley I've pulled in the last year, and the cheap tool I had is just done with it. I ordered this here fancy one from O'Reillys (which probably means I'll use it once LOL).

I think that 39000 is the Lisle kit I bought a long time ago and broke one of the pieces the first time I used it. :( It is a good kit and I probably just got impatient with a really stuck pulley.

Good info on the LS pulley though. That's trick

Richard

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah north of Austin, y'all actually get winter.

It may seem like winter to you. . .

Looks beefier than the rental tool I bought from O Reilly's. That one only did a few pulleys before the dealio spit out a bunch of ball bearings and it was new when I got it. I said pretty please and they swapped me out for another in the wrapper.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
It may seem like winter to you. . .

Looks beefier than the rental tool I bought from O Reilly's. That one only did a few pulleys before the dealio spit out a bunch of ball bearings and it was new when I got it. I said pretty please and they swapped me out for another in the wrapper.
Yeah I know there's plenty of places north of Houston that get proper winters with snow and ice in great quantities. I will visit those places in the summer when I want to go somewhere that's not hotter than the hinges on Satan's gates.