The difference between Bendix & TRW brand seatbelts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madboz07

Reaction score
Ok this might be a long one so "buckle up"! (Dad jokes) So me and my dad made the mistake of getting the wrong seat belts because we didn't know the difference between the two brands. I was also surprised by how little information there was about seatbelts on here. So to start of the TRW brand was only in trucks from 88-94 and the Bendix brand or bendix style was from 88-00 in the trucks. I'm not sure if this applies also to the suburbans, blazers etc.

The first major physical difference is the buckles. The TRW brand is has a square hole in the buckle and is 1 inch wide.

The Bendix brand buckle is significantly smaller in size coming in at 9/16" of an inch wide and has a rectangular hole.
You must be registered for see images attach

Now for the female side.
The TRW female side always has the brand stamped on the side of the case. They always have a black ring around the release button.

Now the Bendix or bendix style. They either are the actual Bendix brand or just the same style. How you know is "Bendix" is stamped on the side just like the TRW. The copy style doesn't have any markings.

That is all I have for yall I hope this helps some one out I know it would have saved me some time and money but I guess if I didn't buy the wrong seat belts I wouldn't be writing this right now.