Teal daily driven farm truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And find that extra 20mph.....
Ha! I did 65mph today. I drive like an old man
I wouldn't bother with that if I were you. But, your truck. :)
What have you heard? I know it’s a rabbit hole if you let it be… my thinking was with it being a 350 running on a 305 ecm, the fueling and ignition might be a little lean
Hopefully you can really get out and put some miles on it soon.
You must be registered for see images attach

:Big Laugh: No but really, I can see work from my house. I only drive because I don’t want to walk across a pasture in the wee hours of the morning or in the scorching middle of the afternoon

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And find that extra 20mph.....
I did put the cluster in this morning while I was waiting for the a/c to vacuum. The oil pressure and fuel gage bounce like the other one but it’s still a nicer cluster. I saw the old style motors on eBay, it’s just not a priority. Thanks again!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What have you heard? I know it’s a rabbit hole if you let it be… my thinking was with it being a 350 running on a 305 ecm, the fueling and ignition might be a little lean

It might be easier to just tune your stock black box PCM for the 350. I know the 0411 is widely regarded as a more customizable and more supported PCM than the black boxes, but it seems like every 0411 swap I see someone do here has lots of issues to work out before it's dialed.

JET DST supports the '96-'97 PCMs in these trucks, plus the 0411s and many other newer GM PCMs. It's an old program but from what I've seen so far it's very capable. I know we have a couple members here (myself included) who own JET DST and 5.7L trucks, we could probably get you a 350 tune to look at and compare to yours.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It might be easier to just tune your stock black box PCM for the 350. I know the 0411 is widely regarded as a more customizable and more supported PCM than the black boxes, but it seems like every 0411 swap I see someone do here has lots of issues to work out before it's dialed.

JET DST supports the '96-'97 PCMs in these trucks, plus the 0411s and many other newer GM PCMs. It's an old program but from what I've seen so far it's very capable. I know we have a couple members here (myself included) who own JET DST and 5.7L trucks, we could probably get you a 350 tune to look at and compare to yours.

Thanks! You make good points, I think you and I have briefly discussed the JET DST before. The 140005 isn’t it? I’ll do some more research beforehand.
(I have already purchased the 411 and connectors but I’m sure I could sell them)

I sent an email to blackbear, I’ll see what they say also.

I don’t have access to a windows pc either, which I’m learning I’ll need if I want to (learn to) use Hp tuners, efi live, jet dst or whatever. I’m sure I could figure out how to use an emulator on my Mac book but I’d hate to risk bricking an ecm…

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don’t have access to a windows pc either, which I’m learning I’ll need if I want to (learn to) use Hp tuners, efi live, jet dst or whatever.

Yes, but the good news is you shouldn't need a very powerful one. Not sure about other options, but JET DST was designed to work on Windows '98. :lol:

A used beater laptop or new $300 Walmart special should be plenty. Basically anything with a decent battery and a standard USB port (not USB-C).

EDIT - And yes, JET 14005 is the part number that is compatible with the '96-'97 PCMs.