Teal daily driven farm truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Updates:
HVAC/dash restoration was well worth everything I put into it. It’s over 100* and I’m getting 42* at the vent at idle and 37* rolling down the road. Air blows hard and only out of the vents it’s supposed to blow out of.

There’s no more outside air being blown in at speed into the passenger footwell. Dash doesn’t make a single sound. Not a creak or rattle going down the dirt road.

Zero warmth felt coming from the floor or through the firewall. It is noticeably quieter in the cabin as well. Can really tell that the doors need the same treatment the floor and firewall got.

The 11 blade fan and heavy duty fan clutch are significantly quieter than the electric fans it replaced. Coolant temp stays more consistent too. It’s absolutely moving more air than both electric fans ever were and no doubt it’ll be more reliable.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Updates:
HVAC/dash restoration was well worth everything I put into it. It’s over 100* and I’m getting 42* at the vent at idle and 37* rolling down the road. Air blows hard and only out of the vents it’s supposed to blow out of.

There’s no more outside air being blown in at speed into the passenger footwell. Dash doesn’t make a single sound. Not a creak or rattle going down the dirt road.

Zero warmth felt coming from the floor or through the firewall. It is noticeably quieter in the cabin as well. Can really tell that the doors need the same treatment the floor and firewall got.

The 11 blade fan and heavy duty fan clutch are significantly quieter than the electric fans it replaced. Coolant temp stays more consistent too. It’s absolutely moving more air than both electric fans ever were and no doubt it’ll be more reliable.
Awesome! It’s all paying off now huh?

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome! It’s all paying off now huh?
It really is!

The next unexplored territory that has me slightly nervous is the 411 swap and tuning. I’m confident in my ability in following diagrams and de/re-pinning harness connectors. I’ve heard of one person that says they can tune in my area but MY only tuning experience was a 2 week class, 15 years ago.

This truck is not a hot rod, I don’t think the new engine makes LESS power, but it definitely doesn’t make any MORE. that could very well be related to the fact that it still has the original 305 ecm and tuning. Just swapping the 411 with whatever lextech put in it might be good enough.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes!! I’m glad to see it running! The interior modifications are also great to hear. I am going to follow a lot of what you did when it comes time to do mine. Hopefully you can really get out and put some miles on it soon.