TBI EGR issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Allen4rmGromLak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other issues have came up on the truck. Gonna pull the engine and rebuild the TBI engine. Found a harness that's mint. So gonna stay with the TBI.

Vjcamp

Reaction score
If you unplugged the vacuum hose to the EGR valve and It now runs fine than the problem is probably with the EGR Vacuum Solenoid. Follwo vacuum line back from valve, should come to an electric solenoid valve that has two vacuum fittings: one is the line you followed back and the other is the supply line. Solenoid is probably stuck in the apply position, or is leaking vacuum even when 'closed". if that is the case replacing the solenoid will fix it.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or the vacuum line is connected to the wrong port on the solenoid. Ask me how I know...

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL - I hooked the line up to the wrong port so when it warmed up, cruising over 45MPH the EGR solenoid opened up and the engine started stumbling (because of the vacuum leak) and it threw the EGR code. Swapped the line to the other port and it ran great.