TBI bogs out help me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fuel pressure is 13 psi. How do you test TPS
Connect a scan tool, turn on the ignition, look at the data stream as you slowly/steadily push the gas pedal, and then let the pedal return to idle.

TPS signal voltage should increase just as slowly/steadily as you're pushing the pedal, with no drop-outs or sudden changes.

Once the scan tool is connected, you might as well verify ALL the sensors. Doesn't take long.

travis mattson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a similar issue. Replaced the TPS that was 15 years old.
I replaced the TPS from a spare tbi unit. Test drive yielded no sputtering. On the way home minutes before i changed it sputtered quite a bit. Going to let cool and go for burn later tonight and see if it solved it. Test drive seem like the throttle response was crisper

Weisseguy

Reaction score
The last item on the list of tbi problems could be the IAC, you could remove it and clean the pintle. It’s supposed to meter the air. Ive tested mine before but its been a while so i don’t remember the procedure.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fuel pressure is 13 psi. How do you test TPS

Does it stay at 13 during the sputter? Mine would hold fine until I got on it, then I could watch it drop to 10 or so.