Tbi 350 to Vortec 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like I said in the story I’m new to this hole v8 carburetored or tbi setup I’ve delt with Honda’s mainly and rebuild my Silverado and now wanna go to the engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Build an engine that makes power and efficiency in the RPM range that it's going to be used.

Deliberately screwing up the idle with a stupid-big cam is for sixteen-year-olds. You're throwing away power at low- and mid-rpm--exactly where these trucks need it. Might as well add exhaust cutouts, too.

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Build an engine that makes power and efficiency in the RPM range that it's going to be used.

Deliberately screwing up the idle with a stupid-big cam is for sixteen-year-olds. You're throwing away power at low- and mid-rpm--exactly where these trucks need it. Might as well add exhaust cutouts, too.

It’s barely driven I drive 3 minutes to work and home. Other then that we drive our family car. Lol.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cant really put a carb on it. I re-read first post, since you have a 95, tranny is fully electronic. So, need to keep EFI, and it's just better anyways. Carbs are a PITA anyways. I would build a mild 350, should be set up for roller cam, so a mild roller cam, bump compression, maybe an intake, headers and find someone that can burn chips. My old 90 with a 350 with 180k, put headers on it with single in/dual out muffler made a HUGE difference in torque off the line.

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was considering just grabbing the block and putting the cam and stuff in from the picture. Refresh the block most likely. And just keep the stick heads just replace the springs and stuff. Go the efi route ? I heard a it’s a pretty easy setup to install the efi. Plus I can keep the intake that I have now which is just oem. But I think it would be more capable of tuning if I went efi? Anyone have a opinion on that

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

What motor mods or parts do you suggest

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have a maximum budget to spend with this project? That would help rein things in.

HunterC

Reaction score
the vortec heads and intake will all bolt on fine but you will need to use a vortec timing chain cover because of the crankshaft position sensor.

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Uh affordable budget nothing crazy.