Tbi 350 to Vortec 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just dk which route to go. I want it to have a slight choppy idle. But the fuel system is what has me confused a lot of people say tbi don’t like cams and they are hard to tune. Blah blah blah. Now if I do that cam and put the fitech and some shorty or long tube headers. I wonder if that will be enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are nice but 2k just for 2 heads out of my price range another 1500 I can get a 383 lol.
That's $1099.99 for the pair, I wouldn't buy them for $2K either, LOL. When I bought them a couple years ago, they were $999.99 and had a "Summit Bucks" promo for $100 worth of merchandise later so, I really only paid $900 for the pair.

Now if I do that cam and put the fitech and some shorty or long tube headers. I wonder if that will be enough
Unfortunately the peanut TBI heads won't allow for the full benefits of those upgrades.

But the fuel system is what has me confused a lot of people say tbi don’t like cams and they are hard to tune. Blah blah blah
Not really any harder to tune than other systems, some differences but, you just need a flash chip or emulator setup, TunerPro RT, an ALDL to USB cable, and a laptop. A stock 5.7L Throttle Body bored out to 46mm along with ultimate mods will flow 650CFM which will support your 5.7L up to 6000 RPM.

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
[mention]PlayingWithTBI [/mention] so if I want like a nice muscly idle and like a slight power increase what would be your suggestions. ? Like ultimate suggestions idk like to stay closer to maybe 1500 and under

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I will order that cam setup. Fro the 350. Maybe get the heads cleaned out new valve seals swap springs and retainers. Get a different intake manifold and headers and efi

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What motor mods or parts do you suggest
The heads recommended by PlayingWithTBI, and hardened pushrods. A better catalytic converter. Add gaskets and a couple of exhaust band-clamps, and I bet you can buy parts for less than $1500, considerably less given that Summit is having a $100 off of $1200 purchase "discount".
MAYBE a computer-friendly cam, especially if you stuff in an OEM roller with the thrust plate and spider. This cam WILL NOT have a crappy idle, and it will make power where you need it instead of throwing away torque.
MAYBE a set of shorty headers and a high-flow Y-pipe and certainly a high-flow monolithic catalyst.

KEEP the original intake, TBI, computer, distributor, and MAYBE you don't even need to do computer tuning other than playing with fuel pressure and ignition timing.

In other words, don't waste time, money, effort, and enthusiasm impressing ignorant teenagers when you can have a simple, reliable vehicle that makes power instead of noise.

I just dk which route to go. I want it to have a slight choppy idle.
I want like a nice muscly idle and like a slight power increase
Selecting parts and tuning to make the engine run rough instead of selecting parts and tuning for power will get you LESS power.

Last edited: