350 tbi to vortec conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kaleoaga

Reaction score
I am trying to see if i can use all my old parts from my 350 vortec motor and put it on a 93 350 tbi and convert it to a vortec? Will accessory brackets fit? Will intake manifold fit?

Majoraslayer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes to accessory brackets and exhaust manifold. No to intake manifold, it won't directly fit on Vortec heads due to the mounting holes being drilled differently and a lack of the EGR plumbing your factory TBI intake uses. You'll either need the GM Performance Parts TBI intake, or a carb intake with an adapter plate. You'll also need to do some custom work around the coolant bypass to the water pump. If you check the pinned threads in this forum, there's an entire thread right at the top that tells you everything you need in detail. I've read through it several times myself because I'm working on something similar at the moment.

EDIT: Unless you meant also converting it to the Vortec intake style as well, in which case it's a lot more involved. You'll probably need the donor wiring harness, PCM, and the Vortec fuel pump as it uses much higher pressure than TBI.

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The larger issue with Vortec heads is that the ports are taller and the older intakes don't even cover the ports. Supposedly some people have welded old intakes larger and re-ground the ports. That's a crapload of work, and then your bolt holes still don't line up.