Tape Deck Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've looked through the search, but not coming up with an answer. I have the 5 band equalizer tape combo. My deck just keeps trying to forward and reverse over and over and won't eject. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The damn tape players never worked 6 months after the truck was new it seemed like. I would love to see a tape player repair tuneup thread.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I've got a five band EQ w/tape deck- tapes play just fine. Although I had to take three tape deck units & cannibalize them in order to make one usable unit.

My guess is that the the tape deck in question needs to be taken apart & cleaned, crud is probably preventing the rollers and such from moving.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Gotta ask, why do any of you want a tape player still?
I like the look- and it's the only way you got the equalizer in these rigs which is a huge boon to sound quality over the khrappy bass & treb buttons. Plus, it allows us who want the factory look to keep it while also adding an auxiliary input which uses the tape's input signal.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I hear ya. I'm the same way, although I've only played one tape in the thing after all my efforts. Although the beauty of the aux mod is that the tape deck doesn't have to work, you only need it for the input. But there is that thing at the back of my head that even though I'll probably never pop a tape in, what if I did? OCD things I suppose.