Tape Deck Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I'm such a dumbass... I never realized my burb has a tape deck! LMAO Can I add Aux to this sum beach?
You must be registered for see images attach
Nice to see mine isn't the only one that loses knobs.....
Long time ago, there were adapters that went in the cassette slot to hook up to a portable CD player. We had a few, before getting trucks with factory CD players. There might be something similar to hook up to your phone or media player....
Only time we've used anything like that was in rental cars,where my brother was playing music he had on his phone. And these were new cars since they were rentals, so they had the connections and/or Bluetooth capabilities.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
hahaha well it came without nobs. these ones are from all over.

no, I dont want that. those things are fugly and take away from the sound... theres a simple way to solder wires to the part of the tape deck that picks up the sound from the tape. somehow. that's what I want to do and have an aux jack in the front. I'm sure it's simple.

further research when I have more time.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
hahaha well it came without nobs. these ones are from all over.

no, I dont want that. those things are fugly and take away from the sound... theres a simple way to solder wires to the part of the tape deck that picks up the sound from the tape. somehow. that's what I want to do and have an aux jack in the front. I'm sure it's simple.

further research when I have more time.
I agree! And someone always has to hold the Discman, or it'll skip or the wire comes loose. We didn't use this setup any longer than absolutely necessary....
One thing about renting a car, they usually have good stereos. Just not gonna have a CD changer, cause they don't install those until the car is retired from service and sold. So no one steals them....and now everything has Bluetooth or other connectivity. But I'm old enough to remember when CDs were new fangled technology lol.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You kids and your fancy retro idealism! Back in my day we heard CDs for the first time and we threw all our tapes away! "OMG! It doesn't sound like garbage! And when the deck dorks up, I don't have to use a pencil to get the tape back in the cassette!"

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I had a 96 Ranger with a tape deck that could skip to the next song, so I wouldn’t have to try to guess when to stop the tape. I thought that was so cool then.
Yes I remember my Mom's Buick LeSabre Estate Wagon, it had an auto reverse Delco cassette player/ETR( electronically tuned receiver) in it, and in 1982 that was serious cool. I made many a mix tape for family road trips back in the day....

F4U-1A

Deer Horse Flies out now
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 96 Ranger with a tape deck that could skip to the next song, so I wouldn’t have to try to guess when to stop the tape. I thought that was so cool then.
My 1995 JVC did that, but there has to be a pause between songs. Try and put on Classical Circa 1800, the deck got all squirly

F4U-1A

Deer Horse Flies out now
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those were the days, waiting for the radio to play a song you liked and recording it. So many times I got distracted and caught it after the song started.
Once upon a time there was a Tavern. Where we used to raise a class or two----------------------------------------------Those were the days my Friend, we thought they never end