Tape Deck Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UncleGlen

Reaction score
Howdy folks. Took the old defective tape deck out of my 1990 K1500. Looking to find a dash pocket, but cannot seem to find a thread about it, aftermarket parts, or a parts sheet. Have looked at a few GM OEM parts sites and LMC auto. Anyone know an original part number for the dash pocket that would have been in there if you did not have factory tape deck or EQ... Thanks for any links.

To help aim folks, I AM NOT looking to put a stereo in that space. Just want a clean panel or pockets that mounts the same way as Factory tape deck and has a pocket or blank facade. thx

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy folks. Took the old defective tape deck out of my 1990 K1500. Looking to find a dash pocket, but cannot seem to find a thread about it, aftermarket parts, or a parts sheet. Have looked at a few GM OEM parts sites and LMC auto. Anyone know an original part number for the dash pocket that would have been in there if you did not have factory tape deck or EQ... Thanks for any links.

To help aim folks, I AM NOT looking to put a stereo in that space. Just want a clean panel or pockets that mounts the same way as Factory tape deck and has a pocket or blank facade. thx
What color is your dash? I have a maroon one with the pocket. One tab is broke but I still have it, you could epoxy it back on.

UncleGlen

Reaction score
What color is your dash? I have a maroon one with the pocket. One tab is broke but I still have it, you could epoxy it back on.
All grey. I was under the impression, the pocket would be a bolt on under the vent cover. do you have a pic? and thx.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
All grey. I was under the impression, the pocket would be a bolt on under the vent cover. do you have a pic? and thx.

Bump

Looking for the same for a 1994 K1500. I do not want a radio in this location, I want a delete plate or pocket.

The 88-94 dash center vents and the tape deck bezel / pocket area are all one trim piece. For the plain pocket, look in base model trucks, hardcore low-option work trucks.

Richard

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Looking to do the same on my girl's 1990 K2500. I believe her color is called "Saddle" if anyone has options.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
If y'all can find the center dash bezel with pocket, I’ll bet SEM makes an interior spray that will match pretty close to OEM. So, the trim you buy is not relevant if you can re-color it. eBay might be your best start.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking to do the same on my girl's 1990 K2500. I believe her color is called "Saddle" if anyone has options.

I realize this isn't the color you're looking for, but it sends you in the right direction.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Leeztruk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was in the same boat as you guys when I got my truck. The player didn't work and the PO's hacked off the wires and left the unit laying in the hole. What I did was epoxy a piece of textured ABS panel into the vent panel. If you have a U-pull it yard, look for late 90's early 2000's Full size Pontiac or Buicks with On-Star. The controller for these cars is under the rear deck in the trunk. There's a big ABS panel that covers the whole of the rear of the trunk, and it's held into place by magnets. You can use that panel for lots of things

Attachments

• DSCN0782.JPG
    DSCN0782.JPG
    269.2 KB · Views: 7